• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair Stock Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jealous, hardly. I know that my pay check is based on money that I can spend today. FYI - I get both at my company, a real pay check that pays me what I work and a piece of the action. But I would never say my options are part of my income. Just like per diem is part of income.

Only on FI do we take a gift horse and look it in the mouth. Sheesh :rolleyes:

I offer one word when it comes to "INVESTING" in the company you work for, which is is exactly what OPTIONS are. ENRON

It's especially dangerous when you really have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. I would never purchase a stock that I didn't have access to detailed financial information in that company.

I mean, they are giving it to us. But yeah, if you really stretch, I guess you could interpret that as some diabolical scheme to steal from us. You're right! Maybe I should refuse free money! Sure! That's the way!

I remember when people were blasting us because the company wasn't giving the employees any stock. Now people are blasting us because we are getting stock. It amazes me that no matter what we do it's a horrible thing.

And, is that guy implying that there's some kind of commonality between us and Enron? If so, please step away from the crack pipe.

There is no free lunch, no one gives you anything for free. Or at least that is how Uncle Sam see's it. Watch out, the current options laws, depending on your state and even the feds, require you to pay the tax in the quarter you receive the options, even though the options are not executable. I am all for money, better pay and QOL, but look at everything closely. Learn from the past, United ESOP, Enron ( a little different) and money in the bank is real money, money on some piece of paper is just a promise. Which can be broken.

sflax dont forget Southwest. Stock Options really sucked for them. Ticket agents retired with 500k. It really sucked that the company wanted everyone to participate in the upside.

Not saying I am not wanting anyone from doing well. Never said that, never will. Just that companies, especially in this industry seem to dangle a lot of carrots to keep the cart moving. I would hate to get 100k in options, owe 40k in taxes and make 50k in actual salary.

Latest resources

Back