• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair Stand Down?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The most current info is at avantairowners.freeforums.net. One of the posts there says rumor has it that there might be three planes cleared on Thursday to return to flying. The following post says, "Hang in there." A following post says, three planes might be enough to handle the folks who have hung in there.

I am an owner of a 1/16th interest under Avantair' s management. I quit flying with them when they called on a December trip, after the October stand down, and said our flight would be at least four hours late.

"Fool me once, your fault; fool me twice, MY fault."

FAA fined them $500,000 in November in an Order which consolidated around 20 case files FAA had opened.

YPRES: To have a successful Chapter 11 filing, a company needs capable management; I'm not so sure that this situation fulfills this need.

The most current info is at avantairowners.freeforums.net. One of the posts there says rumor has it that there might be three planes cleared on Thursday to return to flying. The following post says, "Hang in there." A following post says, three planes might be enough to handle the folks who have hung in there.

I am an owner of a 1/16th interest under Avantair' s management. I quit flying with them when they called on a December trip, after the October stand down, and said our flight would be at least four hours late.

"Fool me once, your fault; fool me twice, MY fault."

FAA fined them $500,000 in November in an Order which consolidated around 20 case files FAA had opened.

YPRES: To have a successful Chapter 11 filing, a company needs capable management; I'm not so sure that this situation fulfills this need.

Next time try Flexjet! :)

The most current info is at avantairowners.freeforums.net. One of the posts there says rumor has it that there might be three planes cleared on Thursday to return to flying. The following post says, "Hang in there."

I've been lurking/following that thread. The person who posted "Hang in there" is either a board member or an executive. They were quick to attack any negative posts at first, but lately they have been overwhelmed and unable to defend the companies actions lately. My guess is Clint Allen.

Agree. There is no bankruptcy in the fractional world, you sell airplanes, turn a profit or liquidate

The big risk with all fractionals is without a management company you own a 1/16th or so interest with many other owners whom you don't know and cant contact and have to decide what is the best way to manage your asset (the plane). It could be a huge mess.

I've been a recent lurker (just having found this forum a few weeks ago) and own 1/8 share. Pretty frustrating. Latest word is all flights cancelled through Monday and "possibly" a few planes returning to the air before then. A lot of this has been frustrating but, IMHO, the worst of it has been the lack of communication from management - esp. after many promises to improve communications and the sudden silence after daily updates. This deficiency makes all the others that much worse. I'm rooting for VNR to succeed. Love the plane and have had great service from pilots and Owner Services though shame on management. The staff, customers/owners, and stockholders deserve better. Trust can't be bought or assumed - you have to earn it and management if failing miserably here and, even when (and I certainly hope it's "when" and not "if") things get better, earning my trust back is going to take far longer than it took to lose it.

Another customer over from the owners forum.

Private aviation is only worth the money when it saves time whether for business or personal use. For the last eight months flying with Avantair has caused more headaches than flying commercially at a significantly higher price. I have had to charter last minute flights from Citationair, Jetsuite, and XOJet just to salvage business trips and vacations where I couldn't get 4 commercial seats on 12 hour notice. Finally bought a Marquis card just for peace of mind.

The Avantair pilots are extremely professional and are very patient while listening to us bitch. At this point, they are the company's best asset. I feel for them more then anyone else in the organization.

Another customer over from the owners forum.

Private aviation is only worth the money when it saves time whether for business or personal use. For the last eight months flying with Avantair has caused more headaches than flying commercially at a significantly higher price. I have had to charter last minute flights from Citationair, Jetsuite, and XOJet just to salvage business trips and vacations where I couldn't get 4 commercial seats on 12 hour notice. Finally bought a Marquis card just for peace of mind.

The Avantair pilots are extremely professional and are very patient while listening to us bitch. At this point, they are the company's best asset. I feel for them more then anyone else in the organization.

I think it would help the hard working pilot group if you would share these thoughts with the higher ups at Avantair.

Latest resources

Back