Avantair Stand Down?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From another owner:

"All scheduled flights are now cancelled thru NEXT Friday (June 28th) and Avantair is not accepting any new flight reservations for flights thru July 9th. You read that right.....July 9th.

Read more: http://avantairowners.freeforums.net/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1&page=18#1371853977#ixzz2Wtg35fGT"

My source on the inside says he got an email to the Avantair owners saying a false accusation on a whistleblower hotline caused this grounding. Something about life limited parts were being used as new... CEO had a conference call to the Avantair Owners Only most likely for damage control!

This stand down occurred on +/- 07 June. It is now 14 days later, and still no flights. And now, they're saying no reservations for flights occurring before 09July?

Must have been one heck of a "false" accusation!

a number of new posters...2 5 & 16 posts..23 in total

welcome and hope you stick around and offer thoughts on other issues...

This stand down occurred on +/- 07 June. It is now 14 days later, and still no flights. And now, they're saying no reservations for flights occurring before 09July?

Must have been one heck of a "false" accusation!

That's what I was thinkin

Good luck AA owners and pilots. AA management can suck it though.

This is 100% speculation on my part that the total silence on the part of senior management may be due to the presence of a 'quiet period' indicating some kind of transaction (either good or bad) is in the works (as Avantair is a public company)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is 100% speculation on my part that the total silence on the part of senior management may be due to the presence of a 'quiet period' indicating some kind of transaction (either good or bad) is in the works (as Avantair is a public company)

Interesting action in the stock last two days. It went up. I know it is only 2 cents but in this situation it should be tracking to zero as the stock holders would get wiped out in a bankruptcy. A takeover would allow either a share exchange or buyout. Any negotiation likely has many parties that would need to sign off, which could explain the time being pushed back.

Are the pilots still positioning to fly?

Are the pilots even getting paid? If not, I would not abide by any gag order that appears to be in place. Curious how quiet the pilots are. Most telling is another Frac site with owners selling shares. By far the most posted are AvantAir owners selling 50 hr blocks for as little as $75k. Even at bargain basement prices, it's hard to something that doesn't work.

I feel bad for the crews who put their backs into this job. We wear a lot more hats than the guys and gals that board, turn left, and shut the door, yet are still considered a liability by our EMTs. The real travesty is the fact these senior managers will bail with bonuses and land on their feet simply to destroy another company.

Latest resources

Back