• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair Stand Down?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another customer over from the owners forum.

Private aviation is only worth the money when it saves time whether for business or personal use. For the last eight months flying with Avantair has caused more headaches than flying commercially at a significantly higher price. I have had to charter last minute flights from Citationair, Jetsuite, and XOJet just to salvage business trips and vacations where I couldn't get 4 commercial seats on 12 hour notice. Finally bought a Marquis card just for peace of mind.

The Avantair pilots are extremely professional and are very patient while listening to us bitch. At this point, they are the company's best asset. I feel for them more then anyone else in the organization.

In general, pilots are mission-oriented people, determined to take care of their passengers and deliver the service they are paid to provide. It is extremely frustrating to us when outside forces, mismanagement, or unfortunate circumstance prevent us from getting you from A to B on time. Thank you for recognizing the efforts of the Avantair pilots and their sad situation as their executive team fritters away what was a viable niche market position in this industry.

I fear that Avantair will not survive this latest stand down and can only hope that the recently rising tide of airline hiring and modest economic recovery will help their pilots and support employees find new, better employment elsewhere.

whats worse is the pilots will be out of a job and all the management thieves will parachute our very very rich people.

whats worse is the pilots will be out of a job and all the management thieves will parachute our very very rich people.

And then take their riches and buy netjets shares which will keep netjets pilots employed, food on the table, and junior with the new GI Joe with the Kung fu grip. See how that works, pops? :D

I think it would help the hard working pilot group if you would share these thoughts with the higher ups at Avantair.

Management does not return calls. Customer service reps are as high as they will let us go.

With the way they have disrespected me and my family, I can't imagine they care about my opinion or their pilots.

And then take their riches and buy netjets shares which will keep netjets pilots employed, food on the table, and junior with the new GI Joe with the Kung fu grip. See how that works, pops? :D

Not NetJets, but you are close. Pilot from another company that we used to get us home when Avantair canceled our flight told a great story about flying the Avantair CEO. Would tell it but it might put the pilot in jeopardy.

Nobody has followed the Flightinfo SOP thus far, I'm actually surprised nobody is blaming Netjets for what's happening to Avantair.

The way it usually goes:

1- X company is in trouble
2- Netjets is the main reason
3- Netjets will buy X company and staple their pilots to the bottom

I've seen this movie at least 5 or 6 times here

Nobody has followed the Flightinfo SOP thus far, I'm actually surprised nobody is blaming Netjets for what's happening to Avantair.

The way it usually goes:

1- X company is in trouble
2- Netjets is the main reason
3- Netjets will buy X company and staple their pilots to the bottom

I've seen this movie at least 5 or 6 times here

Not sure I understand this one. Which companies have NetJets bought in the last ten years other then Marquis which was using NetJets' planes and pilots?

Not sure I understand this one. Which companies have NetJets bought in the last ten years other then Marquis which was using NetJets' planes and pilots?

It's an inside joke for fractional pilots. When all else fails- blame NetJets and/or NetJets Pilots for the crisis de jour.

Latest resources

Back