• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair Orders 20 Phenom 100 Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yah, ok, the P180 is cool and the style points are pretty much off the scale but I can't help but think about getting up easily and streaching and walking back to the rear of the plane and feeling the size just looking at it on the ramp, that new Airbus would be nice but...

Just curious did any of the other fractionals place any aircraft orders other than Avantair? The only news I saw out of NetJets was WB announcing more record loses. Did they place any orders?

Just to add a tid bit about the phenom. I had a chance to talk with the reps in PIT a few months ago and they had a mock up of the 300. I asked them what the difference was in the two planes internaly. What he told me was the 300 was the same size with a plug added to give it more cabin room.

In addition have you seen how BIG the baggage compartment is on that thing!! You would have to crawl in it to get the bags in the back out.

see ya!

celloman

Just curious did any of the other fractionals place any aircraft orders other than Avantair? The only news I saw out of NetJets was WB announcing more record loses. Did they place any orders?
As far as I know the last thing Buffet said about NJ was $48 million in profits for the previous quarter. Not seen info for 3rd quarter.

NetJets Inc. placed an order in September for 24 Falcon 7X jets worth $1.1 billion with Dassault Aviation of France.

Raytheon said that NetJets Aviation ordered 18 Hawker 900XPs, and NetJets Europe ordered 30 Hawker 750s. Contracts have been signed and deliveries will begin in 2007 and continue through 2009, Raytheon said.

Last edited:
Big baggage Cello? Well, that would sure be welcomed!! I havent seen it, glad to hear it's NOT teeny tiny. Other than no anti-lock, thats the thing about the P-180 I wish there was more of. And, I'm stickin (hoping) to my original thoughts that, at some point, we may add a few Legacys and some 300's to the fleet. I wonder if we'll get a blue/gold version of that cool paint scheme?? One things for sure ..... noticing a definite change in overall spirits, which is good. Once we get some other issues straightened out ( Q.O.L. stuff ) I'd say there will most certainly be some light at the end of Avantairs tunnel.

Ok, so I lied!!!!

I went to look up the baggage compartment sizes and they are as follows.

P-180 = 41.5 cf w A/C installed

Phenom 100 = 45 cf

Phenom 300 = 66 cf

So we gain some space but not that much.... The one I saw was the 300, too bad they didnt incorperate it into the 100. We also must remember that the 100 is going to carry less people then the 300.

Take Care,

celloman

Latest resources

Back