August 16..CHQ interview?

snap145

Well-known member
Joined
May 28, 2005
Posts
572
Total Time
5+
anybody in the August 16 interview at Chautauqua...lemme know if ya are and any words of wisdom from the CHQ guys would be greatly appreciated...Been waiting for this one for a long time...ready to get the ball rollin
 

flighttime

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Posts
50
Total Time
6500
I know of at least three people interviewing in the either Aug 10 or Aug 16 that don't meet the qualifications for the 170.

Only advice I have is be yourself and make sure your instrument skills are up to speed for the PCATD. They are looking for procedures.

Good luck
 

L.Skywalker

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Posts
143
Total Time
few
flighttime said:
I know of at least three people interviewing in the either Aug 10 or Aug 16 that don't meet the qualifications for the 170.


What are those quals.?

Thanks.
 

GFunk20

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 9, 2003
Posts
259
Total Time
7,500
We're just looking for ATP minimums on the 170. Good luck guys!
 

Bdfg1

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 10, 2005
Posts
347
Total Time
.
GFunk20 said:
We're just looking for ATP minimums on the 170. Good luck guys!
You forgot to add the desire to fly it for next to nothing.
 

RAV152

Active member
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Posts
35
Total Time
2300+
You forgot to add the desire to fly it for next to nothing.
Wow, it took five responses for the flaming to begin. Must be a record.
 

FrustratedCFI

Active member
Joined
Dec 17, 2002
Posts
26
Total Time
5000+
The hiring process is based on attitude! Check out aviationinterviews.com, it was spot on when I interviewed. Also get some time with something similer to the the training device they use for the evaluations. It really sucks and is obnoxiously pitch sensitive.
 

BlackPilot628

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2004
Posts
816
Total Time
5000+
FrustratedCFI said:
The hiring process is based on attitude!
Yes Yes Yes. It was the best interview I had ever been too. They truly make the interview about you and not all about them. Make sure you pay attention to the DVD's they will play. They may ask you information about them.

Relax and smile! You will do fine
 

kngarthur

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Posts
348
Total Time
1850
When I interviewed, I was touched on my nono. They said that if I "told" anyone, nobody would believe me anyway b/c I'm just a stupid candidate. Rosa also said that she would kill ms. kitty.

So my advice to you would be to not say anything--nobodys going to beleive you anyway!
 

1973Arrow

Word
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Posts
257
Total Time
Enough
...got the dates wrong...I'm going on the 10th.
Anyone else going to be there?
 

Weasil

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 19, 2003
Posts
752
Total Time
7000
How long ago did you apply and did you fax your resume or send it via another method. Good Luck on the interview by the way.
 

Cardinal

Of The Kremlin
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Posts
2,308
Total Time
K's
Random question:

Is the FBW on the E170 a "direct law?" Or is it a more advanced law with lots of protections, alpha floor, pitch limits, and the like as the Airbus has?
 

Capt.PoopyPants

All Knowing
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Posts
61
Total Time
13:59Z
snap145 said:
anybody in the August 16 interview at Chautauqua...lemme know if ya are and any words of wisdom from the CHQ guys would be greatly appreciated...Been waiting for this one for a long time...ready to get the ball rollin
The hardest part is the hernia test. It's uncomfortable for a few minutes but then it's quite pleasing. Good Luck
 

BlackPilot628

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2004
Posts
816
Total Time
5000+
Cardinal said:
Random question:

Is the FBW on the E170 a "direct law?" Or is it a more advanced law with lots of protections, alpha floor, pitch limits, and the like as the Airbus has?
This plane is suppose to be the most advance airplane on the market today.
The airplane is FBW and only has 1 control function that is not completely FBW and that is the Ailerons. The plane has NO gust lock.
It's like the plane has a mind of it own. It really won't let you do anything you're not suppose to do. IE: Stall, put the flaps down on the wrong speed....etc
 

sweptback

Guess that wasn't solid
Joined
Sep 18, 2003
Posts
1,876
Total Time
.
BlackPilot628 said:
This plane is suppose to be the most advance airplane on the market today.
The airplane is FBW and only has 1 control function that is not completely FBW and that is the Ailerons. The plane has NO gust lock.
It's like the plane has a mind of it own. It really won't let you do anything you're not suppose to do. IE: Stall, put the flaps down on the wrong speed....etc
Please tell me they taught you more about the FBW system at FSI than "it is suppose to be the most advance airplane on the market today" [sic].

I would be interested in knowing the answer to the question... I heard that Embraer recruited a bunch of Boeing engineers to design the 170 series, so it wouldn't surprise me if the FBW system was similar to that of the 777.
 

LearLove

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 27, 2001
Posts
4,451
Total Time
12000+
BlackPilot628 said:
This plane is suppose to be the most advance airplane on the market today.
The airplane is FBW and only has 1 control function that is not completely FBW and that is the Ailerons. The plane has NO gust lock.
It's like the plane has a mind of it own. It really won't let you do anything you're not suppose to do. IE: Stall, put the flaps down on the wrong speed....etc
O my god, is this guy for real?
 
Top