Attention: Conservative Obsessive Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
exactly.
there must be some order so that capitalism can prevail. government exists to slow and attempt to stop corruption-the only true enemy of capitalism. when you argue for no government- you argue for lawlessness

Rtwo- i'll do some research and get you those answers.

In the meantime-- i've been hearing the right-wing propoganda saying how obama will raise taxes on us (I think a lot of us are still living in the past.) According to the july 26th issue of the economist- taxes will remain w/in .7% in relation to gdp regardless of which candidate- 18.3% of gdp for Obama and 17.6% for mccain- post wwII average is 18% - the major difference is that the top 5th of wage earners (GUYS- THAT'S NOT US ANY LONGER) >$250,000 will see tax cuts under mccain- and be raised from 35%-39.5% under obama- while both propose cuts for the 98% of households earning under $250k Obama's cuts for middle class earners FAR exceed mccain for all class groups in the bottom 4/5's of wage earners. while mccain's largest tax breaks are for those in the top fifth of earners.

I CAN ONLY HOPE WE GET CONTRACTS WHERE WE CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT THE TAX RATES UNDER OBAMA.

BUT IF YOU VOTE MCCAIN- YOU WILL NOT HAVE THAT KIND OF LEVERAGE.

If you want argue spending-- you'll have to look at our current president before i can be scared of obama.

How is your research coming? Here are a couple of vocabulary words if you care to research them:

1) Passive income

2) Anarchy

May I make a couple of points:

Wealth refers more to Net worth than to Salary.

You can become weathy on just about any salary. However, gov't confiscation of any of your salary for whatever good or bad reasons, increases the time it will take to become wealthy.

If you are paid a salary chances are you are not wealthy (unless maybe you are paying your own salary).

A $250k/year salary is not wealthy nor should it be a reason to single someone out for financial punishment. It may sign that someone is more productive than average.

Now a few more questions for your research:

Under Obama what percent of a workers first $10,000 of annual income will be paid in SS/medicare (FICA) tax? How much under McCain?

What percent of a workers first $100,000 of salary/wage goes to FICA?

Is FICA confiscated on a workers production over $100,000/year?

Is FICA confiscated on an investors passive income?

Is there any corruption in gov't or is the private sector the sole repository of corruption?

Wealth refers more to Net worth than to Salary.

You can become weathy on just about any salary. However, gov't confiscation of any of your salary for whatever good or bad reasons, increases the time it will take to become wealthy.

If you are paid a salary chances are you are not wealthy (unless maybe you are paying your own salary).

A $250k/year salary is not wealthy nor should it be a reason to single someone out for financial punishment. It may sign that someone is more productive than average.

Someone has been shopping in the self-help/finance section at barnes and nobel. Is that "Rich dad, Poor dad" or a random snippet from Tony Robbins.

How do people know when there is the occasional mouse in the meat?

Why would would someone put mouse in hamburger? Has the mouse been skined and guted so its presence is not easily detected? (A fairly labor intensive task for the devious corporations to perform just to trick unsuspecting costumers into eating mouse and for what reason?) Again help me understand your fear of mouse in your burger. What is the evil corporate motivation?

Are you arguing that what they don't know won't hurt them?

No, thats not my argument but since you brought it up can you counter you own hypethetical?

If not- then you are arguing for oversight... which is the point of gov't.... and it's an age old problem this "who watches the watchers?" arguement you're about to make....

Is that the point of gov't? What about smart people like PCL_128 who say they don't need regulation/oversight? He does think it is needed for others though.

Who is watching the watchers anyway? And the watchers of the watcher watchers? How 'bout a little more watching after ourselves.

I think you are very spoiled by the order that a correct gov't does provide.

I am spoiled by the Greatness of America. Greatness that I attribute not to regulation but freedom. Freedom for which we owe a debt of gratitude that we can never hope to repay.

Someone has been shopping in the self-help/finance section at barnes and nobel. Is that "Rich dad, Poor dad" or a random snippet from Tony Robbins.

ROTFLMAO! That was good, you nailed it. The fact is their is a huge amount of wealth being shifted from the previously middle class and into the hands of a much smaller group of people in the U.S. The people who control the companies are getting greedier and greedier. United is a typical example. They raped the workers and than passed out 100's of millions of dollars to a small percentage of management and to stockholders.
You folks that think they shouldn't be taxed on those windfalls (They didn't "earn" it, they stole it) are wrong. Something has to be done to slow the huge income gap in this country between the have's and have nots or we will collapse into anarchy.

I am spoiled by the Greatness of America. Greatness that I attribute not to regulation but freedom. Freedom for which we owe a debt of gratitude that we can never hope to repay.

Government oversight is what is known as a system of "checks and balances" its helps people do the right thing when its more economical to do the wrong thing.

Its not perfect, like any other complex system, it breaks down and needs maintenance.

I realize that the "far right" has problems understanding what checks and balances are for, and why we would use them.

Or "new rich", where on a $ 18,000 F/O salary ,you buy that 92' lexus and rack up credit card and daddy debt to buy plasma screens and expensive clothes, then talk to everyone within ear shot about how worried you are about a tax hike affecting your income from ".........." (insert the name of whatever major airline name that your regional flies for.)

Then have the nads to spout off about personal responsibility and right wing values.

You're right, I know a guy who came from a wealthy family and had everything handed to him on a silver platter. He is a big fan of Rush Limbaugh, right wing values and "personal responsibilty". He is very disdainful of those not as fortunate as he and basicly doesn't have a clue. Seems like a common right wing trait.

You're right, I know a guy who came from a wealthy family and had everything handed to him on a silver platter. He is a big fan of Rush Limbaugh, right wing values and "personal responsibilty". He is very disdainful of those not as fortunate as he and basicly doesn't have a clue. Seems like a common right wing trait.

lol Yeah personal responsibility seems to exclude "daddy money".

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back