• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attention: Conservative Obsessive Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am spoiled by the Greatness of America. Greatness that I attribute not to regulation but freedom. Freedom for which we owe a debt of gratitude that we can never hope to repay.

You can go to Africa and have all the lawlessness and corruption you'd like.

Or you can be part of the solution. Gov't does serve a role. The goal is to keep it balanced, so that capitalism doesn't turn into feudalism. Spoiled is an out of order comment from me- what it sounds like is that you have forgotten the corruption of the early 1900's corporations. Do we really want that type of social class system again?

The goal is equal opportunity for each person to use their skills to the best of their ability- and screw every person who's poor and doesn't apply themselves- and every person who's rich and takes more than they've earned.

Imagine playing football or basketball w/ no rules? The stage must be set for fair competition. Then, may the best win out.

by the way...
"who watches the watchers" comes from the latin phrase:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

is a Latin phrase from the Roman poet Juvenal, variously translated as "Who watches the watchmen?", "Who watches the watchers?", "Who will guard the guards?", "Who shall watch the watchers themselves?", or similar.
The essential problem was posed by Plato in the Republic, his work on government and morality. The perfect society as described by Socrates, the main character of the work (see Socratic dialogue), relies on laborers, slaves and tradesmen. The guardian class is to protect the city. The question is put to Socrates, "Who will guard the guardians?" or, "Who will protect us against the protectors?" Plato's answer to this is that they will guard themselves against themselves. We must tell the guardians a "noble lie." The noble lie will inform them that they are better than those they serve and it is therefore their responsibility to guard and protect those lesser than themselves. We will instill in them a distaste for power or privilege; they will rule because they believe it right, not because they desire it.
The saying has since been used by many people to ponder the insoluble question of where ultimate power should reside. The way in which modern democracies attempt to solve this problem is in the separation of powers. The idea is to never give ultimate power to any one group; the executive, legislative, or judicial; have the interests of each compete and conflict. Each group will then find it in its best interest to impede the functioning of the rest and this will keep ultimate power under constant struggle and, thereby, out of any one group's hands.

Two great posts in a row!

I am starting a fan club for Justice Antonin Scalia. Write to join!

NAMBLA
69 My Mom's Basement
Dreamy Judge, VA 90210

Two great posts in a row!

I am starting a fan club for Justice Antonin Scalia. Write to join!

NAMBLA
69 My Mom's Basement
Dreamy Judge, VA 90210

Tweaker what is NAMBLA and why do you belong to it? I am guessing its a exclusive right wing club. I will keep an eye on fox news to see if i can get informed.

Last edited:
Did you fail math?

He joined the U.S. Senate on Jan 4, 2005. Slightly more than 140 days ago. He joined the senate in Illinois in 1997. Do you really think being a lifetime politician is the best credentials one can have for the job?

He was only physically there 147 days...read about his economic plan in the Wall St. ... Obamanomics...who is going to pay for all these promises....Obama is a joke.... the dems are throwing away another one...instead of a solid middle of the roader or a candidate just slightly left they pick this guy! What a bunch of idiots...Bush esssentially handed the office to the Dems this year and now they're gonna blow it. When Obama actually has to answer questions in a debate it will be pretty entertaining....the latest quote from this clown "Georgia and Russia are having a little neighborly spat" what a freakin idiot!!
I'm a registered Dem and I wont vote for him.....

Tweaker what is NAMBLA and why do you belong to it? I am guessing its a exclusive right wing club. I will keep an eye on fox news to see if i can get informed.

As Michael Jackson would say..."You're ignorant!"

It was a self-deprecating joke, you cretin. Have your grandson "google it" for you.

I just watched the Messiah and McCain last night at their event with the Saddleback Mountain Church. (slogan - Jezus, I can't quit you!)

It is nearly impossible; and it is mindnumbing to try to glean anything from UMbama's attempts at eloquence. I counted 22 UMs in one answer alone. It is to the point that now all I hear when he speaks is the UMs, AHHs and "like I've always saids." At one point I thought he was breaking into Phil Collins' Susudio. "So so so sudio!"

Bush was no wordsmith or smoove when he spoke, but at least it was incontrovertible what he meant. His message was loud and clear. The media's dislike of it was a factor in their attempt to label him as "stupid." Meanwhile, UMbama cannot and WILL NOT let the American people know his true beliefs. That would be a disaster. Sans teleprompter, this liberal lefty simply stumbles, rumbles and fumbles at the line of scrimmage.

Since his main plan for the defense of our country is to essentially hug it out and talk em out of harming us, you can imagine my total lack of "faith" or "hope" for a positive outcome.

NObama 2008

Last edited:
i love seeing you guys all riled up

b.c this time-= you're gonna lose.

and you're gonna lose b/c the population put our trust in the republican party and got screwed- and the whole country is messed up.

The only sad fact is that a republican won't be there to clean up the mess

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back