• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attention: Conservative Obsessive Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh trust me, regulations are not there to hold your hand. It's to prevent corporations from squeezing and stealing every last penny from your own pocket. Or to prevent you from buying maggot-infested meat, or making sure the medications that you buy do what they claim they do.

A little consumer protection is a good thing.

No you trust me. I don't need the gov't to tell me not to buy, sell, or eat maggots. Do you? Also don't need big brother gov't to regulate my tire pressure or thermostat setting. I can handle all that thank you.

Speaking of squeezing and stealing every last penny from my pocket; why does the gov't need to steal 14% of my pay check to insure my retirement. If Social Security/medicare is that wonderful why are we forced to participate? No evil corporation can force you to buy their product nor can they prevent you from producing a better product.

Oh trust me, regulations are not there to hold your hand. It's to prevent corporations from squeezing and stealing every last penny from your own pocket. Or to prevent you from buying maggot-infested meat, or making sure the medications that you buy do what they claim they do.

A little consumer protection is a good thing.

Are you saying that it is thanks to the regulations set forth by our all knowing, kind, and benovelent gov't that aspirin cures head aches.

$6billion is the amount that taxpayers are on the line for in subsidizing the PBGC for UAL's pension theft.

No- it's not emotional. And I'm not irrational. It's irrational to be faced w/ evidence upon evidence of corruption and incompetence and cronyism and still support that person. But hey-- at least you get to blow stuff up, right? Never mind all the deaths and mistreatment of our own troops before he got his act together and decided to do the surge.

rtwo- s.s. is mismanaged and i agree w/ you that that's terrible. But bush and his admin and supporters don't agree w/ ss- how well would you manage a program you disagree w/)

Bottom line- when faced w/ short term priorities and long term priorities- most americans are going to spend on short term ones. We do not think long term and the evidence is overwhelming. Sucks for you b/c you think you could do better- but it's the best policy for the whole country. Laws have to apply to everyone and i've met a lot of people who don't like taxes and ss- but then make a lot of bad decisions and use a lot of gov't services. Yes- many pilots included on that list.

You should want SS. might be all you have left if Mccain is elected.

Last edited:
Another thing to add to the list of things not to talk about in the cockpit.

That's the choice of computers. For all you Mac people... I selected a software/hardware package because it was the best available for what it does. This software only runs on Windows. So I built a Windows machine to run it on. It will not run on a Mac running Windows in boot-camp. So, I will not be buying a Mac. So please stop trying to tell me "anything you can do on a PC you can do on a Mac" because I can't. And while I'm ranting... I don't want an iphone (apple violated a trademark from cisco with the name) or an ipod. I'm really happy with my LG phone and my samsung mp3 player. So PLEASE STOP TRYING TO SELL ME ON HOW GREAT YOUR APPLE STUFF IS! I'm a grown adult and do my own research before I buy something or vote for someone.
Hilarious and absolutely TRUE! Apple fans are like Mormon missionaries!

Are you saying that it is thanks to the regulations set forth by our all knowing, kind, and benovelent gov't that aspirin cures head aches.

Its because of gov't regulation that when you buy a bottle of aspirin , it contains aspirin.

Its because of gov't regulation that when you buy a bottle of aspirin , it contains aspirin.

Right because those devious corporations may just fill the aspirin bottle with say sugar. This kind of fraud would certainly be rampent if not for careful gov't supervision. A good busines practice too. Good for costomer satifaction.

Of cousre if we socialize the aspirin industry the gov't could force citizens to be repeat costomers.

rtwo- s.s. is mismanaged and i agree w/ you that that's terrible. But bush and his admin and supporters don't agree w/ ss- how well would you manage a program you disagree w/)

Bottom line- when faced w/ short term priorities and long term priorities- most americans are going to spend on short term ones. We do not think long term and the evidence is overwhelming. Sucks for you b/c you think you could do better- but it's the best policy for the whole country. Laws have to apply to everyone and i've met a lot of people who don't like taxes and ss- but then make a lot of bad decisions and use a lot of gov't services. Yes- many pilots included on that list.

You should want SS. might be all you have left if Mccain is elected.

So you think that SS is mismanaged, yet it is the best policy for the country? Was there a time when SS was well managed? When? By Whom?

Do the pilots you know that make a lot of bad decisions make those decisions so they can make use of the numerous gov't services? Not wanting those services (services I'm assuming are available only to bad decision makers) to go to waste.

Don't FICA payroll taxes hit low wage earners hardest since they are paid starting with the first dollar earned. Passive income is not subject to FICA is it? Aren't SS benifits taxed now? Don't SS/Medicare taxes go directly into the general fund? Was there a time when that was not the case? What is the corelation between the amount paid an benifits allowed?

Right because those devious corporations may just fill the aspirin bottle with say sugar. This kind of fraud would certainly be rampent if not for careful gov't supervision. A good busines practice too. Good for costomer satifaction.

Of cousre if we socialize the aspirin industry the gov't could force citizens to be repeat costomers.

Yeah kind of like how supplements are unregulated. When independent labs test them, many of them don't have any of the active ingredient that they claim to. "Snake oil" if you will.

Government regulation also ensures that when you eat a hamburger, there is a really good chance that it doesn't contain human fingers and mouse parts like it did prior to the Pure Food and Drug act.

Leaving private businesses to act ethically contrary to their economic interests doesn't work.

Latest resources

Back