Attention: Conservative Obsessive Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
exactly.
there must be some order so that capitalism can prevail. government exists to slow and attempt to stop corruption-the only true enemy of capitalism. when you argue for no government- you argue for lawlessness

Rtwo- i'll do some research and get you those answers.

In the meantime-- i've been hearing the right-wing propoganda saying how obama will raise taxes on us (I think a lot of us are still living in the past.) According to the july 26th issue of the economist- taxes will remain w/in .7% in relation to gdp regardless of which candidate- 18.3% of gdp for Obama and 17.6% for mccain- post wwII average is 18% - the major difference is that the top 5th of wage earners (GUYS- THAT'S NOT US ANY LONGER) >$250,000 will see tax cuts under mccain- and be raised from 35%-39.5% under obama- while both propose cuts for the 98% of households earning under $250k Obama's cuts for middle class earners FAR exceed mccain for all class groups in the bottom 4/5's of wage earners. while mccain's largest tax breaks are for those in the top fifth of earners.

I CAN ONLY HOPE WE GET CONTRACTS WHERE WE CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT THE TAX RATES UNDER OBAMA.

BUT IF YOU VOTE MCCAIN- YOU WILL NOT HAVE THAT KIND OF LEVERAGE.

If you want argue spending-- you'll have to look at our current president before i can be scared of obama.

Last edited:
Is there a right wing "How to think" checklist that wealthy parents give to their kids. I hate to tell some of you guys, but

a) we are hourly labor, just like the guys on the GM line.

b) many of us don't have to worry about high tax brackets because we will never earn enough to make it an issue.

c) the Upper middle class may be paying a few less percent tax than in 2000, but alot of airline pilots are making 30%+ less pay than 8 years ago.

d) If you don't like unions and contracts, then please call your CEO, tell him you would like to renegotiate whatever pay rate he thinks is fair, and also inform him that you would like to wave any contractual rights your contract gives you.

Also, never complain about QOL, pay, or rest requirements.

Some of the hard core right wing guys I flew with were the worst complainers about pay and QOL. I don't understand the mental disconnect there.

Is there a right wing "How to think" checklist that wealthy parents give to their kids. I hate to tell some of you guys, but

a) we are hourly labor, just like the guys on the GM line.

b) many of us don't have to worry about high tax brackets because we will never earn enough to make it an issue.

c) the Upper middle class may be paying a few less percent tax than in 2000, but alot of airline pilots are making 30%+ less pay than 8 years ago.

d) If you don't like unions and contracts, then please call your CEO, tell him you would like to renegotiate whatever pay rate he thinks is fair, and also inform him that you would like to wave any contractual rights your contract gives you.

Also, never complain about QOL, pay, or rest requirements.

Some of the hard core right wing guys I flew with were the worst complainers about pay and QOL. I don't understand the mental disconnect there.

I believe it's called perceived elitism and wishful thinking, along with a good dose of self importance.

Or "new rich", where on a $ 18,000 F/O salary ,you buy that 92' lexus and rack up credit card and daddy debt to buy plasma screens and expensive clothes, then talk to everyone within ear shot about how worried you are about a tax hike affecting your income from ".........." (insert the name of whatever major airline name that your regional flies for.)

Then have the nads to spout off about personal responsibility and right wing values.

Last edited:
Usually the guys who start the preaching (religious or political) have some deep seated problems. Erectile dysfunction, toilet stall hand wavers, etc.

You guys are crazy if you think gov't oversight is doing a stellar job and keeping you protected. Their hands are WAY full and mostly have to look the other way with things. Aside from that, the politicians are beholden to the corporations that "help" them gain the power they'll wield over the respective particular interest. Hope for the best when it comes to government "regulation" of asprin or what have you.

There are a lot of bells and whistles out there folks; it's just that not all of them work. But hey, ignorance is bliss, what you dont know cant hurt you...blah...blah..blah. lets keep the public ignorant and happy with iPods and Reality Show competitiions. It just helps dumb people down even more. Convenience and lack of effort or work. Frozen dinners, takeout, pop a pill for this and that........... haha...

Jist:
Your gov't ISN'T proctecting you to the degree you might like to believe it is or how it represents itself. It's a false sense of security.

You guys are crazy if you think gov't oversight is doing a stellar job and keeping you protected. Their hands are WAY full and mostly have to look the other way with things. Aside from that, the politicians are beholden to the corporations that "help" them gain the power they'll wield over the respective particular interest. Hope for the best when it comes to government "regulation" of asprin or what have you.

There are a lot of bells and whistles out there folks; it's just that not all of them work. But hey, ignorance is bliss, what you dont know cant hurt you...blah...blah..blah. lets keep the public ignorant and happy with iPods and Reality Show competitiions. It just helps dumb people down even more. Convenience and lack of effort or work. Frozen dinners, takeout, pop a pill for this and that........... haha...

Jist:
Your gov't ISN'T proctecting you to the degree you might like to believe it is or how it represents itself. It's a false sense of security.

If you don't think government oversight does anything useful, then i guess that you would feel just as safe on an airliner in Russia or Africa as you would in the USA.

Im sure the airlines would pour out money on maintenance out of shear do-right-itis if the FAA wasn't constantly on their a$se$.

Tweaker, everything you post about politics ends up trailing off into a "robin" like man-crush paragraph about Batman.

If by "everything" you mean this 1st, only and singular event, then I guess you got me red handed. Feel free to search and prove me wrong.

If you had allowed my text to permeate your subcutaneous layer, rather then fire off an impotent challenge for me to find the fallacies in the rant, you would know that I refused to do so (provide examples). I don't attempt to convert imbeciles, I simply relish "tweaking" their false conclusions.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back