• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

atlas hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a Polaroid I'd say the biggest caveat is the continually infighting and whipsaw between the two ALPA groups. For this reason alone I cannot consider Atlas a career move.

spoken like a true mainline puke. "it doesnt affect me so i dont give a ********************" yes, why dont the junior guys quit so the senior guys dont have to deal with the stansted issue. at 9 years seniority you're not too far away from being displaced to stn, how will that affect your QOL.?

probably a union goon too.

Yawn!:rolleyes:

According to the Atlas Air website, there seems to be no indication that they are hiring for any flight crew positions.
So is this just a rumour???

How long do you anticipate the hiring to last? How many are they planning to hire? Any chance of a MIA base for a new hire? How long would you have to be based elsewhere to get out of the UK base?

Thanks

Interviews

According to the Atlas Air website, there seems to be no indication that they are hiring for any flight crew positions.
So is this just a rumour???

The website might not be up to date, but it was announced last week via voicemail that there will be hiring by the end of May, and interviews scheduled for the end of April and early May.

Hiring

How long do you anticipate the hiring to last? How many are they planning to hire? Any chance of a MIA base for a new hire? How long would you have to be based elsewhere to get out of the UK base?

Thanks

ASA,

I will answer your questions in order they were asked: 1) Not sure how long the hiring will last, it has not been announced 2) They have not announced how many people will be hired yet, as soon as I know I will post it here 3) Nope! 4) Getting out of STN can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years, and that all depends on staffing needs at the other bases

Easy TTF! I think Dawg may give a *#@$K and want to see change. Just being honest and giving a heads up to potential applicants.

Fliteidol,

Thanks, that's exactly what I was trying to do. It's not the first time someone has left after being based in STN, and felt disgruntled towards Atlas and had nothing good to say. I have had friends ask about employment here, and have discouraged them due to the European basing situation, but some people tend to take the job there, and bitch the whole time they're here. I only hope we can get this problem fixed in the upcoming contract negotiations.

Amen to that!!!!!!! I suspect the hiring will be for the 400. Currently there are FO`s with 5+ years seniority unable to get a Sateside basing on the 400 due to base realignments over the past year. The 200 is running 2+ years to get to JFK from STN. If anyone accepts this assignment then plan on STN indefinitly.

Latest resources

Back