atlas hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks Fliteidol,
It can't be that bad, what, will I want to kill myself after I get hired?
I have been in some bad situations, life and otherwsie. I think it should be great.
I respect your thoughts and advice.

So, will Atlas newhires get into the 200 or the 400 initially out of STN? Are the Atlas routes out of STN wildly different for the 200 and 400?

Thanks Fliteidol,
It can't be that bad, what, will I want to kill myself after I get hired?
I have been in some bad situations, life and otherwsie. I think it should be great.
I respect your thoughts and advice.

This is fliteidols widow, he killed himself rather than go back to work!

OK, not really. I think the hiring is in to the 400 as it says on the web site. Most of the 400 flying for STN crewmembers is on the Emirates contract, so lots of Dubai rotations.

(sorry for my poor taste, no offence intended!)

The STN Gateway LOA passed by a margin 73% of those voting. I'll post a copy after it's signing. Hopefully this will give those displaced to STN and those hired into STN some relief on commuting to the phantom base.

The STN Gateway LOA passed by a margin 73% of those voting. I'll post a copy after it's signing. Hopefully this will give those displaced to STN and those hired into STN some relief on commuting to the phantom base.

Did this get signed? Are the non resident reserves at STN getting hotels now too? Hopefully this should make it easier on those guys. Any chance of getting STN closed down? I guess that would mean the company has to send you on a Business Class D/H overseas - so out of the question I assume.

Also whats the latest with the merger I know the Polar guys wanted a "time line fence" but I don't even know what that is... How did the arbitrator merge the lists to start with? As soon as the arbitration is signed off and accepted by both sides is Polar just going to disolve into Atlas and cease to exist? I'm sure I have more questions than there are answers. Thanks.

P.S: While your at it could someone provide some background into the STN "Union Busters"? I don't quite know how half of the situations Atlas is in right now played out.

Last edited:
Did this get signed? Are the non resident reserves at STN getting hotels now too? Hopefully this should make it easier on those guys. Any chance of getting STN closed down? I guess that would mean the company has to send you on a Business Class D/H overseas - so out of the question I assume.

Also whats the latest with the merger I know the Polar guys wanted a "time line fence" but I don't even know what that is... How did the arbitrator merge the lists to start with? As soon as the arbitration is signed off and accepted by both sides is Polar just going to disolve into Atlas and cease to exist? I'm sure I have more questions than there are answers. Thanks.

P.S: While your at it could someone provide some background into the STN "Union Busters"? I don't quite know how half of the situations Atlas is in right now played out.

While this is not the signed copy, it has been signed and is in effect June 1, 2007. Here in PDF and the mentioned map here in PDF. The final copies are usually faxed back and forth which get pretty sloppy. None of the language has changed and the company came across with a signed letter explaining the intent on some of the more sloppy sections of the language. This helps in making STN less of a negotiation chip that the company tweaks regularly in the past. They had been displacing guys over to STN to get rid of their gateway rights (read $$) not for manning purposes. This may help stop this.

The "Union Busting". STN was formed shortly after we unionized. Like within a week, or at least announced within a week. They probably already had a plan to do it. Under the RLA, they could do it offshore and not have our union representation. A non-union pilot replacement force. Which is what they did. They hired @170 to 200 mostly EU's and then furloughed the equivalent US union guys. Over time and after final contract signing, that non-union replacement force has shrunk down to about 60-70 that have super seniority in STN. Many of the STN replacement guys have moved on or splintered off to GSS which is 49% owned by Atlas and holds a EU certificate. All guys hired at Atlas now must be ALPA guys. So they will not increase the non-union guys there anymore.

The "time line fence" is Polar's attempt to get a piece of an earlier arbitration (Harris arbitration of this year?) that they didn't get. though Polar did come out with a pretty big win in the integration. Our seniority merger/arbitration went pretty much down the path of the Las Vegas letter (Here in PDF) of intent with the first Atlas MEC and Polar's Fell MEC. I would put up the list, but many may not approve the listing of their names. It was never voted on and was just agreed to by the MEC's. That was when Atlas flying and A/C were being moved to Polar and we were being furloughed while Polar hired off the street to fly what was our A/C and flying. Good intentions on the Atlas side trying to save jobs which didn't work for the intended purpose of guys moving back and forth between companies at the time when the company was using us against each other and latter on bit us in the ass even more during the recent merger seniority integration. The earlier list which was generated from the agreement was pretty much how the arbiter in 07' made it with the exception of "NO Bump and Flush" which is what Polar is trying to get back via "Time Line Fence" in the merger protocols. We say we have to comply with the arbitration award which Polar won mostly and Polar says no. Can't say much more to that. So my guess is that we lock horns on this "Time Line Fence" after the other issues are agreed upon and then Atlas will sue ALPA at some point for the delay. When ALPA gets sued then something may start happening.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back