Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

treetopflyer

stewed screwed tatooed
Atlas will be interviewing for a late april start.

my recommendation is to:

not even try due to the very poor working conditions there, it is horrible. or, if you want a 400 type, take a loa from your current job and then just quit atlas after the ride. or. get the type and then call korean, NCA etc. and make some serious coin and be based at home!!!

they are hiring due to attrition of junior crewmembers, dont let them tell you anything else. 18 have quit this year just for QOL issues alone. you will get no help getting to london to work. you will have to do training events in london on your own dime. you will not get any kind of sympathy for missed trips etc.

ps. I am bitter, but instead of just complaining and continuing to work there, i went out and got a better job.

later.

Last edited:
I just listened to a Mike Bryant "System Chief Pilot for life" weekly voice message saying that applicants need 2,500 turbojet time not turbine time. Good luck on that. Those with that kind of experience shouldn't be taking a job that requires them to live in the UK or find your own way there and fly with the union busting STN British Boys Club of replacement pilots they started over there. It's a mixed bag of ALPA and original STN BBC's now. They put you there to keep from giving you gateway priviledges.

As far as upgrades, the interviewers lied for at least the last 7 or 8 years on upgrades to prospective employees. Except to the STN union busting replacement pilots (BBC) they hired. They get preferencial upgrades due to their status outside the RLA . We have 7 year F/O's at Atlas Mainline because of how they reward the STN BBC members and of course we had about 5 A/C and flying moved to Polar during our unionization push as punishment during our first contract negotiations. Which leads to another problem of the merger between Polar/Atlas seniority yet to discovered problems in upgrading.

Yeah, I would stay away and get a decent job if you have 2500 turbojet time.

Anyone considering coming to Atlas deserves unbiased information on the current state of affairs. However I must disclose I AM biased but I do want to see new hires so I can get a break from 20+ day months usually in 25-30 continuous day blocks plus the unbearable commute to London on my own time! If you want to join a pilot group made up of those with gateway travel, those with a paltry travel allowance and the rest with nothing. Those with real vacation and the rest with an absurd pro-rated now you see it now you dont vacation. If you want to join a pilot group where two ALPA groups are locked in battle with one list facing furloughs an the other recruiting and another group doing their own thing. If you want to join a group where no one knows their fate but be assured there will be casualties. If you have no job, no spouse, no kids, no life and want to keep it that way then come on down! A frontal lobotomy is highly recommended prior to joining, I would go and get one myself if I had enough free time.

a fellow airman told me he has a brother in law that works there, ( 7 year FO) that made like 17k in one month.... is that even possible on fo pay? If it is I am sure he is getting abused as much as you say.

I was talking with one of your Capt's at Polar about a position, when he told be about the commute on your own time to Stanstead that raised my eyebrows!

I am curious how the company expects you to commute to your domicile in another country with the immigration issue to consider, you would need a UK working visa to legally do it-not an issue for me personally, but I'm astounded they can get away with it!

a fellow airman told me he has a brother in law that works there, ( 7 year FO) that made like 17k in one month.... is that even possible on fo pay? If it is I am sure he is getting abused as much as you say.

Bigsky,

That kind of money is possible here at Atlas, if you outbase (stay out for 33 days, will get paid 105 credit hours), then factor in per diem on top of that!

the pay is the same as any prostitute makes,

500/day X 30 days of assrape = Atlas or whoring, whatever your pleasure

dont listen to the union either, this mec could give a rats ass about stn based crewmembers and they will tell you so. We even have crewmembers quitting alpa outright because they are so bad here. just a lazy bunch of bastards who havent even flown the line in years because they cant get a medical. nor do they show up in dxb or hkg pvg to get a crew meeting going. only MIA so no one shows up and they complain about solidarity.

but hey, if you got a car dealership to run you dont have time for your crews. and if stn is so bad, then quit. thats what they say to everyone.

What about Polar furloughees?????

What happened to the Polar furloughees - are there Polar pilots still out on the street? If not, have the Polar furloughees been offered jobs at Atlas or just back to the Polar side of the fence?

Would all newhires go to STN or would there be other options?

Latest resources

Back