Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas Air FIRES 24 Crewmembers; possible Atlas AND Polar Strike!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CWI, probably something like 28 tomorrow unfortunately.

And the guy you met was definitely in the C23, ALL 400 newhires were terminated, only on resigned before he got the letter.

28 tomorrow? Is this conspiracy-type thinking or for real? 28 more people would wipe out five people I know at Polar...!! :(

It will probably happen.

If ALPA would just file an injunction against this violation of status quo these people would not be terminated tomorrow. But they refuse to do so. It appears the furloughees are being sold down the river....again....

belchfire said:
Never ever being hired at any other airline,

aren't there quite a bunch at Continental?

busting checkrides,

Yeah, I know an Eastern Scab, he's now an FAA Examiner in Naples Florida, busting students on checkrides... $250 a pop. Does that count? He's also flying a CJ1 for a private owner, now probably making much more than the Eastern Pilots he scabbed out of a job.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like scabs, but is it really still such a careerbuster?

Yeah, I know an Eastern Scab, he's now an FAA Examiner in Naples Florida, busting students on checkrides... $250 a pop. Does that count? He's also flying a CJ1 for a private owner, now probably making much more than the Eastern Pilots he scabbed out of a job.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like scabs, but is it really still such a careerbuster?

Some will slip through the cracks, but or every guy like the one you mentioned, there are LOTS more that have ended their career.

One correction; One question

furloughfodder said:
Jim Cato is they guy in charge of labor relations at Atlas, and the firings were ordered by him and Denis Erickson.

The CEO is *Jeff* Ericson.

Question: Are probationary crewmembers protected by the CBA?

I understand during probation the company can terminate employment for any reason. Just wondering what recourse exists for probationary crewmembers.

I read the part about a class action law suit. Good luck to everyone.

I hope those manager mother*uckers burn in he((.

Sunnfun said:
aren't there quite a bunch at Continental?

Is that because he scams $250 per private pilot? CJ1, well you know he is always looking up wishing, knowing that this is all the better it is going to get. So yes captain of a CJ1, yep that would be a career buster.

He is a pinnacle pilot and i think i know who he is. He talks about his posts often and is not ashamed of it. It will catch up with him soon. I also heard about his girlfriend. He is such a tool.

Latest resources

Back