Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas Air FIRES 24 Crewmembers; possible Atlas AND Polar Strike!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pookie said:
He is a pinnacle pilot and i think i know who he is. He talks about his posts often and is not ashamed of it. It will catch up with him soon. I also heard about his girlfriend. He is such a tool.

Please let us know this guys name. I am sure many of us look forward to meeting him if he tries to jumpseat. (Key word 'tries')

RideandDrive said:
The calls went out today to fire the Classic folks.

That is correct. 15 more probationary crewmembers were wrongfully terminated this afternoon.

furloughfodder said:
That is correct. 15 more probationary crewmembers were wrongfully terminated this afternoon.

Wow - now that's hardball! Again, are these people then offered interviews at Atlas? What happens to current pilots in the Atlas pool - are they given preference over former Polar pilots now looking for positions at Atlas or will former Polar pilots be offered any slots at Atlas first?

It's a frustrating and confusing situation - good luck to everyone involved!

To Polar/Atlas: Our time is now! Our MEC's are united and we should be united!
Stay the course and stand together!:mad:

Last edited:
I find it interesting, all the comments of "how can they do this" etc etc, when in essence, the freight management is doing what it's always known how to do. They know there's ample supply of guys on the street, and here comes the intimidation. Again, look back in history and you'll see it, time and time again, yet the newbies to the industry, they are shocked.......oh well...

Crzipilot said:
I find it interesting, all the comments of "how can they do this" etc etc, when in essence, the freight management is doing what it's always known how to do. They know there's ample supply of guys on the street, and here comes the intimidation. Again, look back in history and you'll see it, time and time again, yet the newbies to the industry, they are shocked.......oh well...

Mr. 6000 hour wonderboy who has been around the block huh? I hope you were not trying to say "told you so". Saying "oh well"... good luck in your future. Name one company that fired every probationary pilot.

no short thrust, that wasn't the jist of my post. the oh well was the new kids coming into the industry that are shocked by what what is going on at polar. Yes it sucks, but if you look back in the past of the non-sked world, it's not unheard of. Hell I know one company where the president walked in on a saturday, called in the HR person had had them send out furlough notices to HALF the pilots. so ya...I've seen it.... as to wonderboy, no, just did the nonsked world 727/dc8's for about 10 years...so yeah I've been around the block, though by no means as much as some of the guys out there

Anyways the post was more along the lines of, the new kids that came up through the schools, to the regionals and jumping to the big iron, and now they are shocked......

Oh and BTW I have 4 or 5 friends that have been at polar now for 4-7 yrs....so ya...it sucks.

Mr 6000 hour wonderboy hasn't got a clue. And, by the looks at what he thinks is a situation that should have been "expected" by the "new kids" (most of which probably have twice the experience as he), he has obviously been abused in his career. He may even qualify for management.

YEA, it sucks and it is not normal nor ethical for this to happen.

Another thing....I love it when people qualify themselves by saying things like.."jumping from the regionals to the big iron". An airplane is an airplane dude. We're all trainable and frankly, the "big iron" is alot easier to fly than the "little iron". We're all impressed with your ability!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back