• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATL Delays, Delays, Delays.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Almost diverted the other day for gas after we had been vectored in every direction but towards ATL and then were told to expect holding over LaGrange. All this when I could seee ATL from LaGrange. Told the controller we were going to divert if we had to hold more than one turn cause we had no gas left to delay any longer. Amazingly we only made the outbound turn and were cleared in. Guess they didn't want to explain a diversion on a clear and a million day.

The 4 degree works in most places other than ATL, but ATC doesn't get it yet. I use it when I can. According to T. Sorrell i flight deck news we now have approval to use 80% N2 as the limit for cooling. Funny, I didn't know Flight deck news superceeded our POH. Brilliant! "But Mr. FAA man it said Bombardier gave us approval to do that, I read it in Flight Deck News." Can't wait for that article in the next issue. Flight training probably wanted to slap Sorrell silly for that.

As for power and air at stations, that's a joke. Either they don't have them, they don't work or too busy to fetch em and hook em up. Heard a 700 capt with a deferred apu complaining about the ground crew that refused to run the huffer so he could run the packs and keep the ac cool during boarding cause all the air carts were either broken or on an ATR.

Are they short staffed, negotiating a contract? WTF?

Last edited:
ohplease! said:
almost always. Not a problem. Same with S/E taxi in AND out at all airports and not starting the APU until on the ground (never in CVG).

Not as easy on the 70.

I'd wager that you guys at ASA get shafted by Big D when it comes to slot times when there is a ground delay program. In other words Delta assigns its slots so you guys in AVL get two hours while a Delta Mad Dog in RDU sees a twenty minute delay. Happens all the time with CAL/Express in EWR. I saw one of our guys in GSO delayed 5.5 hours yesterday while two CAL flights from ORD ran only one hour late. That's the system. Not always comforting to the planeful of European connections I tend to have in the back when this happens. Welcome to the joys of being the little guy.

GO AROUND said:
According to T. Sorrell i flight deck news we now have approval to use 80% N2 as the limit for cooling. Funny, I didn't know Flight deck news superceeded our POH. Brilliant! "But Mr. FAA man it said Bombardier gave us approval to do that, I read it in Flight Deck News." Can't wait for that article in the next issue. Flight training probably wanted to slap Sorrell silly for that.

Might want to check that new POH revision.

I havn't been in for 3 days so no I havn't seen a new revision. But that doesn't discount the 2 to 3 weeks that flight deck news has been out.

IFlyFL410 said:
On an off note....has anyone been doing the 4.0 degree descent!?!? LOL Apparently, the GO geniuses have never tried to descend at 4.0 at 250 kts on the arrival into ATL. "Candler 123, slow to 250 kts, descend to FL240, expect holding over LGC." "Roger" "Alright, power idle, full spoilers!"

I don't know if it's standard advice or not but we were told in CAT 2 class to try 4 degree descents at outstations but not inbound to ATL because of the problems it can cause on the arrivals.

ohplease! said:
almost always. Not a problem. Same with S/E taxi in AND out at all airports and not starting the APU until on the ground (never in CVG).

So you're the one.

:uzi:ATL creates its own problems! Oh do I miss the days at DFW with "Go Fast and 210 @ Dietz! Now that was an arrival system! They were able to move a lot of aircraft with that system!
Who Knows!

Tomct said:
:uzi:ATL creates its own problems! Oh do I miss the days at DFW with "Go Fast and 210 @ Dietz! Now that was an arrival system! They were able to move a lot of aircraft with that system!
Who Knows!

I don't think it was the arrival system as much as the 4 landing runways... but I could be wrong.

Latest resources

Back