ATL Delays, Delays, Delays.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sweptback said:
I don't think it was the arrival system as much as the 4 landing runways... but I could be wrong.

May also have something to do with the fact that ATL averages 2642 operations a day and DFW agerages 2019 operations per day. That's 623 more operations/day at ATL, which over a 24 hour period is almost 26 more ops per hour.

atrdriver said:
May also have something to do with the fact that ATL averages 2642 operations a day and DFW agerages 2019 operations per day. That's 623 more operations/day at ATL, which over a 24 hour period is almost 26 more ops per hour.

...and ATL does it all with 2 runways for landing, which is the point I was trying to make. When I was flying out of DFW, I always hated landing on 13R and the resultant 20 minute taxi back to the gate, but given the choice between that and holding over LGC, I'd pick taxiing any day.

Hopefully it'll get better once the fifth runway opens. But then Delta and Airtran will probably just jack the flights up more and there will be no benefit.

:rolleyes:I understand that they have more flights but slowing everyone to 180 150 miles out is not helping anyone either!

Tomct said:
:uzi:ATL creates its own problems! Oh do I miss the days at DFW with "Go Fast and 210 @ Dietz! Now that was an arrival system! They were able to move a lot of aircraft with that system!
Who Knows!

Yeah, I bet they could move those a/c.....I just wish we could get rid of the DFW SID's and STAR's so I could lose an inch worth of thickness and a 1/2 lb. in my Jepps! It's not like we fly there anyways. I've never seen so many SID and STAR for one airport!

jrav8tor said:
I just wish we could get rid of the DFW SID's and STAR's so I could lose an inch worth of thickness and a 1/2 lb. in my Jepps! It's not like we fly there anyways.
We do DFW again next month.

We're supposedly getting rid of our NDB approach plates so that would lighten the Jepps up a bit. I'll believe it when I see it though.

ohplease! said:
almost always. Not a problem. Same with S/E taxi in AND out at all airports and not starting the APU until on the ground (never in CVG).

Oh yea, I figured someone here was actually trying to save gas. Funny how
some people are trying to save gas and some people are trying to burn extra
gas.

I guess to each his own...........

Latest resources

Back