• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATC Shortage; why age restriction?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the FAA isn't losing anything. Congress won't approve budget to hire more controllers.

SIUcavflight my experience is based on observing the skillsets of controllers under and over that age, and noticing the difference. Your scan, working speed, and skills diminish after that mark.

Do you have data that suggests otherwise?

I have no research. I am just wondering how much observing of controllers you have actually done to be able to come up with a statement that you believe that they should be forced to retire at 45.

hundreds at numerous facilities.

you seem pretty pent up on this...are you a controller or insulted somehow? or have you spent a lot of time observing controllers and have noticed that the sharpest are the 50 year olds?

I am just wondering how a line tech has spent so much time observing controllers, and why?

I am just wondering how a line tech has spent so much time observing controllers, and why?

siucavflight, is the heat getting to you? Are you in the desert right now flying the Sultan or are you in Chicago? Or are you at the north pole flying Santa? Let it go sounds like he's got more experience to back his statement more than you do to argue it.

I'm one of them connected line techs, I guess.

You're really having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that someone else might have more experience or knowledge in a certain subject of aviation than you do, eh? If you didn't come across as such a d!ck in most of your posts and on this forum I'd consider giving you some information and maybe sharing info, telling you more about my experience, what facets of aviation I'm currently involved in, etc. But why should I bother dishing out that kinda stuff when I get questioned, doubted, and insulted. I'm content keeping that stuff to myself.

Your attitude won't get you very far, sorry.

Latest resources

Back