ATA may sell off passenger ops..found on another site

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CAESAR
Who is it in the press that calls on me?
I hear a tongue, shriller than all the music,
Cry 'Caesar!' Speak; Caesar is turn'd to hear.

Soothsayer
Beware the ides of March.

CAESAR
What man is that?

BRUTUS
A soothsayer bids you beware the ides of March.

CAESAR
Set him before me; let me see his face.

CASSIUS
Fellow, come from the throng; look upon Caesar.

CAESAR
What say'st thou to me now? speak once again.

Soothsayer
Beware the ides of March.

Seth,

You've got to admit, getting stabbed in the back is an improvement over where you guys have been getting stabbed.

That was the first thing that I have ever read here that was true... Like they say at ATA.." We are going to have to get a job as a C$@K sucker at the state prision to get our self respect back.

Mgt. just passed on to us that we're losing money on our HI routes even with very high load factors.

I just bought tickets for my mom over Spring break (HNL-SAT) and guess who the cheapest price was? ATA by nearly $80.00 but she would have had to switch airlines in PHX.

I bought her a R/T on Continental, same airline all the way from HNL to SAT. $80 more (no offense guys, my airline was even more inconvenient, requiring two overnight stays on the West Coast uugghh)

So, I guess what I want to say is this... Things are not perfect out here in the land of sharks and coconuts but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

We might be bruised and beaten but Aloha's council 80 has shown exceptional intelligence and had gifted insight into airline politics and warfare. So far AQ Council 80 is the first and only MEC to practice what Prater has been preaching and we took (some of) it back.

Yes I am quite proud of them.

Things could be much worse for both of our airlines. I hope good comes out of this for ALL of us.

Aloha Malama

Just another Aloha Pilot.

I just bought tickets for my mom over Spring break (HNL-SAT) and guess who the cheapest price was? ATA by nearly $80.00 but she would have had to switch airlines in PHX.

I bought her a R/T on Continental, same airline all the way from HNL to SAT. $80 more (no offense guys, my airline was even more inconvenient, requiring two overnight stays on the West Coast uugghh)

So, I guess what I want to say is this... Things are not perfect out here in the land of sharks and coconuts but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

We might be bruised and beaten but Aloha's council 80 has shown exceptional intelligence and had gifted insight into airline politics and warfare. So far AQ Council 80 is the first and only MEC to practice what Prater has been preaching and we took (some of) it back.

Yes I am quite proud of them.

Things could be much worse for both of our airlines. I hope good comes out of this for ALL of us.

Aloha Malama

Just another Aloha Pilot.

That's nice.

I respect AQ's managment far more than TZ's. Rather AQ buy TZ than the other way around, that's for sure.

However, Prater and his predecessor were too chicken sh!t to call mgt. bluff. Even so, they wouldn't fight an 1113c under any circumstances. They will be gladly give back what they've "taken back" at the first opportunity. Little too late to be puttin' the foot down.

Hailin' T-

Appreciate the respect for our management and all, but don't let that fool you... ATA and AQ are both in the same boat with management...

As for taking it back, yeah, we got a nice little bump in our contract but we still got 10% to go until we get back to what we were making 10 years ago. Granted that isn't EXACTLY true, but I still see 10% of my paycheck going to Banmiller's chauffer me around town fund...

Then again, I do feel mo' bettah after watching his pre-takeoff announcement while deadheadin' out of Maui the other day. Not only are we an airline of choice, we are a 'worldwide' airline of choice...

Didn't we get some new pins recently too ;0)

I must need my morning coffee.... or should I start on the 4% C-plan/10% C-plan for the age 65 rule rant now? No....coffee....

That's nice.

I respect AQ's managment far more than TZ's. Rather AQ buy TZ than the other way around, that's for sure.

However, Prater and his predecessor were too chicken sh!t to call mgt. bluff. Even so, they wouldn't fight an 1113c under any circumstances. They will be gladly give back what they've "taken back" at the first opportunity. Little too late to be puttin' the foot down.

I agree but we gotta start somewhere. It's up to us to cut the best deal possible with Matlin and Yucaipa. Prater will sign whatever we stick in front of his face.

Well, I should be making about $184/hr, instead I'm making about $82. Won't see the left seat until........oh well, nevermind. I'll stop there.....I need a drink.

Well, I should be making about $184/hr, instead I'm making about $82. Won't see the left seat until........oh well, nevermind. I'll stop there.....I need a drink.

I'll buy... what is a left seat?

We were told, what 7 years ago, that everyone sitting in 'this' room would be a captain in less than three years.... I might be able to squeak into upgrade training, but holding the left seat? Not for many moons to come...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back