ATA may fly smaller 100-seat jets. 717's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LearLove said:
Just my 2 cents but I would guess that they would fly the 145's if ATA goes that way if not i would guess they keep the saabs and fly the same stuff they do now, it would just make it stagnet there.

who knows, never say never in this industry.

ATA is not looking at nor interested in the EMB145, it was just a reference in the article of what a regional jet is. Stated by the company at the roadshow - ATA is favoring the B717 but also checking out the EMB 190. It will most likely be the 717's and they will not replace current 737's, we will get the 2 737-800's scheduled for this year but the rest of the order after that will be converted to 717 orders. Chicago express will stay as it is, no change there. The 717 will compliment them on some of their routes. Those are the FACTS from the company if this move takes place.IMHO if we get the 717's , since we the Pilots at ATA get along very well with the Chico guys, we would be happy to start a drive for some sort of flow through or staple with the chico guys if they are interested. The demands in hiring resulting from the 717 orders would warrant major hiring.

UM#1 said:
IMHO if we get the 717's , since we the Pilots at ATA get along very well with the Chico guys, we would be happy to start a drive for some sort of flow through or staple with the chico guys if they are interested. The demands in hiring resulting from the 717 orders would warrant major hiring.

I would hope the "flow through" you suggest would come AFTER ATA interviews all those that were already scheduled for an interview.:)
DD

You guys should shoot for the NWA DC-9 rates. That aircraft is compariable to the 717, and I think you would like those rates much better:D

DIAMONDDD said:
I would hope the "flow through" you suggest would come AFTER ATA interviews all those that were already scheduled for an interview.:)
DD

of course. if you were scheduled for an interview i am sure you will be at the head of the line when they start again.

Ace757 said:
You guys should shoot for the NWA DC-9 rates. That aircraft is compariable to the 717, and I think you would like those rates much better:D

Astute observation ya got there Ace. ATA management won't even breathe NWA when discussing the 717 pay rates, since they make their low ball offer look just that much more ridiculous. Even if you only look at LCC's, the rates for 717's (AirTran, Midwest, Hawaiian) are all in the same row at the ballpark. The ATA pilots could easily live with commensurate rates.... and shouldn't settle for anything less.

Ace757 said:

It must be nice to have all the answers with only 350 hours TT.

A C-8 flow thru agreement was discussed back when the ATA pilots were negotiating their current contract but most Windy City pilots were not really all that interested. C-8 pilots also voted NO on the ALPA union drive.

I believe that the C-8 pilots are going to learn the hard way that they really did need to vote YES back when ALPA was trying to organize them.

Latest "so called - good" rumor: The B-717 will replace some of the S-340s, as C-8 pilots are furloughed they will be given a prefrrential hiring interview with ATA. Some of the S-340s will be used to probe new markets for the B-717s.

Is it too late for the C-8 guys and gals to change this course, I don't know but I would be contacting the ATA MEC yesterday.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back