ATA Lowers Bar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ThisistheDream said:
I believe that HUCK statement is true. Whether or not you fly a 767, 757 at UPS or DAL or AA or UAL the view points of all the MGTS, is that your pay should be in comparission to your peers or other labor cost for the same type of work.

One small detail for UPS. UPS management has continually said that we are NOT an airline. This company makes nearly $4 BILLION in profit a year, why should we compare ourselves to the pax carriers? We are in a totally seperate business, you guys fly planes as your sole service, we fly planes as a relatively small ( although highly profitable ) part of a global transportation/logistice company. It's totally an apples to oranges comparison to think that UPS/FedEx should be compared to the pax carriers in terms of pay and benefits.

Man, did this thread get hijacked!

JD, I mean TZFO, all airlines have their 10% and you are a proud member.

If you are so convinced we are duped and screwed and have no faith in ATA or SWA please leave and don't spoil the reputation of the rest of the fine ATA pilots.

FreightNazi said:
Maybe the glory days of the passenger airlines, but definately not the large cargo airlines. FedEx, fat pension plan. UPS modest pension plan, soon to get much fatter!

"Glory" and "cargo airlines" should not be used in the same sentence.

TZFO,

Reality.

You do not have a touch.
Every company in a the world has some .

Nazi..

Its like dating a woman that has cheated on every man shes been with.

You so hope that it wont happen to you..

But history has shown that sooner or later it will happen to you.

And no matter how much you want to believe it wont..

Sooner or later it will.

Its just a matter of time.

MLBWINGBORN said:
Nazi..

Its like dating a woman that has cheated on every man shes been with.

You so hope that it wont happen to you..

But history has shown that sooner or later it will happen to you.

And no matter how much you want to believe it wont..

Sooner or later it will.

Its just a matter of time.

I NEVER said the either UPS or FedEx were immune from a downturn at sometime in the future. The point is that both UPS and FedEx are VERY profitable, and there is NOTHING on the horizon that SHOULD keep that from continuing. I don't know about FedEx, but at UPS since 9-11, while the pax carriers have been in the biggest slump in history, UPS has made record profits. UPS and i'm assuming FedEx does too, charges a fuel surcharge. I'd go out on a limb and say that the surcharge more than covers the fuel price increase, so that the higher the fuel price is the MORE money UPS makes.

You can turn your post back on yourself and say when is it SWA's turn? I'm fairly certain that I can say that SWA's turn will come long before UPS' or FedEx's.

Last edited:
Listen. I'm not happy about giving 20% either. Nobody is. Remember, it isn't forever. But, if it will show the "new management" that we are in this together, then let's give it a shot. Given the fact that ATA almost closed their doors a few times over the past few months, the codeshare with SWA is a welcomed benefit. THEY know how to run an airline.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back