ATA Lowers Bar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey freightNAZI,

If your in a totally separate business than the PAX airlines, why don't you go to a totally separate message board. By any chance are you under 5' 5'' tall? Just curious.

StopNTSing said:
You are indeed different. UPS and FedEx will make the jump to operating unmanned aircraft far sooner than any passenger airline.

amen stop! you truly understand the future!

we will all be.... talkin' bout...glory Days

We're in this now for 4 more mos.
Time to let Dennison shine, his chance is here.
Many careers, families, etc are depending on him. Let's hope he's right.

Denison is short term. He is the CRO not the CEO, that's coming this summer. The new CEO, whoever that is, will have a vision, any vision, for our future.

I hope denison tries to help Chicago Express. The shutdown date at the end of March has limited our options and given 600 employees and 600 families (yes regional pilots have families) a very bleek future. A stay of execution at a minimum would give us a chance to be sold or at least find other jobs.

I hope ATA does make it to the summer. I don't think anyone wants to see you guys loose any jobs.If the pay cuts keep you alive, great. 39 days left here at Chicago Express and counting.

TZFO said:
We're in this now for 4 more mos.
Time to let Dennison shine, his chance is here.
Many careers, families, etc are depending on him. Let's hope he's right.

Dennison shine? I think he is part of the reason C8 is closing down. He can go to he!! for all I care. I am sure he really gives a crap about ATA...all he cares about is lining his pockets with the money that's left along with the rest of ATA's management.

Well unfortunately SWA does not want turboprops. That is what Denison has said. It is very unfortunate that they don't keep C8. One million passengers/year isn't anything to sneeze at. I think SWA/ATA's plan is to get rid of any excess, and they feel C8 is excess (whether we feel it is or isn't). I wish all the C8 pilots and families well and good luck.

I don't want a turboprop either. But you deal with what you have. 1 million passengers a year via turboprop or 0 via nothing.With the company being strapped for cash it does not make sense to cut off one of your cheapest forms of revenue.

One other thing that does not sit well. Prior to filing bankruptcy C8 had close to 15 million in the bank. Shortly after filing the account read negative.I know it is robbing peter to pay paul but it sucks that we had to finace big georges mistakes.

I appreciate the well wishes.

All info is available to the public via www.bmccorp.net

Last edited:
Hey C8 guys,

I think it is a shame the way things have worked out. I used to ride C8 alot, until I moved to Chicago. I used to see alot of folks riding with me that are now finding other airlines in the cities you served. Megadeth, I hope by some miracle that all you guys don't lose your jobs, but let's no be so quick to send Mr. Dennison to the lower depths of Dante's Inferno. There was no alternative.

SWA is holding all the cards. I don't know what the truth is, but in a few months I will be right behind you in the unemployment line if the CRO (Dennison and all) don't find a way to generate more revenue. Good luck to all the C8 people.

Wes

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back