ATA Lowers Bar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C77MD80 said:
Making a lot of friendz with that one Nazi. I am glad you're enjoying your paycheck and I do hope that you all can hang on to those rates. I had one good year of pay in this business and then all hell broke loose....

Gee, everyone on this board is so thin skinned. Yes, I do enjoy my paycheck and we are not only going to hold on to those rates, but those rates are going to go up substantially.

UPS and probably FedEx too, has been it's most profitable since 9-11.

FreightNazi said:
Maybe the glory days of the passenger airlines, but definately not the large cargo airlines. FedEx, fat pension plan. UPS modest pension plan, soon to get much fatter!

With all due respect, learn to be more humble because you never know what the future holds. I certainly hope you remain successful with your wages and benefits intact.

For someday, you could conceivably experience what many other 121 pilots have already experienced.

HMM

HowlinMadMurdoc said:
With all due respect, learn to be more humble because you never know what the future holds. I certainly hope you remain successful with your wages and benefits intact.

For someday, you could conceivably experience what many other 121 pilots have already experienced.

HMM

I wasn't being boastful, just proud to work for a historically very profitable company with an almost 100 yr history and a bright future. I was just pointing out the inaccuracy of the poster. and making the point of not painting UPS and FedEx with the same brush of the passenger airlines. We are different, flying is just a part of the total system at both companies.

Keep telling yourself that things will not change, P.T.Barnum had a name for these individuals. One day Congress will could req. tax, surcharge, fee or some other form of payment for all transactions. The managment at the top might not be too adverse to a Corporate breakup if it put big money in thier pockets and cut labor cost by 2/3rds. If you believe you can demand whatever you desire you are mistaken. There is many, many pilots carrying many diferent citizenships which would take your job in a New York minute. Fred Smith and the fellows at UPS havn't spent in excess of 40 million in Washington D.C. the past couple of years for nothing. Keep thinking your sacred. You won't even feel the pain when your rear is swiftly kicked. I hope it dosn't happen but let's hope your not formulateing the defense plan for your fellow workers.

FreightNazi said:
I wasn't being boastful, just proud to work for a historically very profitable company with an almost 100 yr history and a bright future. I was just pointing out the inaccuracy of the poster. and making the point of not painting UPS and FedEx with the same brush of the passenger airlines. We are different, flying is just a part of the total system at both companies.

You are indeed different. UPS and FedEx will make the jump to operating unmanned aircraft far sooner than any passenger airline.

Your problems will not come from a LCC freight carrier. Your problems will come from Memphis. FredEx is rapidly closing the profit-margin gap, and their ground delivery is racking up record profit. The day will come when "remaining profitable" will come out of your salary. And remember, you heard it here first.

I have two friends in management at UPS and their vision of the future included trucks that were double-crewed and ran at all hours of the day and night. The international stuff would be mostly line flown and the rest subbed out to the likes of Gemini and others. Both of these guys don't know each other, yet they both gave me this same opinion. According to them the "airline" (as they call UPS flight ops) is just too expensive.

I'm sure freight nazi will reply with some contract clause about scope but believe me if mgmnt wants that "airline" gone it will go.

This thread sounds exactly like the $hit they give me when I make a comment. Hang in there UPSer! I send all my stuff UPS..(ever since FedEx didn't hire me). What can Brown do for you?

I think the ATA guys finally have some faith in their management. They are willing to give it a shot. ATA is very much worth saving..great bunch of people there. I don't think a lot of banks will line up to throw money at ATA (like UAL, USAIR & Delta) so they got to help themselves, right the first time. By doing so they will be able to have pride in turning it around and wont waste time.

freightdogfred said:
Your problems will not come from a LCC freight carrier. Your problems will come from Memphis. FredEx is rapidly closing the profit-margin gap, and their ground delivery is racking up record profit. The day will come when "remaining profitable" will come out of your salary. And remember, you heard it here first.

Your profile smells like former EWA. If that's the case I'll have to bid some trips out of our new facility in DAY.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back