ATA Lowers Bar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mach zero said:
I have two friends in management at UPS and their vision of the future included trucks that were double-crewed and ran at all hours of the day and night. The international stuff would be mostly line flown and the rest subbed out to the likes of Gemini and others. Both of these guys don't know each other, yet they both gave me this same opinion. According to them the "airline" (as they call UPS flight ops) is just too expensive.

I'm sure freight nazi will reply with some contract clause about scope but believe me if mgmnt wants that "airline" gone it will go.

If you are right, then I'll just have to content myself flying my A-380 SDF-HKG. Like you said, sucks to be me!

freightdogfred said:
Your problems will not come from a LCC freight carrier. Your problems will come from Memphis. FredEx is rapidly closing the profit-margin gap, and their ground delivery is racking up record profit. The day will come when "remaining profitable" will come out of your salary. And remember, you heard it here first.

Just to set the record straight, the pilots at UPS make up approx, 7/10ths of 1% of the total UPS employess, yet the air group brings in almost 50% of the total revenue. UPS could give each pilot a million dollars a year and they wouldn't even miss it. Since UPS' major future growth is international, the prospects for the airline are bright indeed.

From WesB737fo.
"Basically what you are saying is that the other 80% are stupid for giving ATA and new ideas a chance. So I guess they should have taken the extra 20% pay for a few months, then join the ranks of the unemployed. The other 80% includes alot of people with alot of experience (probably alot of bankruptcies). I don't really believe that you would consider flying turboprops as a permanent career or you wouldn't be here. So give us a break with your " I voted no " and "The others are lowering the bar" garbage, because I just don't care."

1. Are you stupid, no. Gullible, scared and unwilling to make management manage their way out of this problem, yes

2.Vote LOA down, we might get let go. It seems you and our MEC chairman are unwilling to take a stand because you are scared of the ramifications. We arent guaranteed we would loose our job. Send it to the courts.

3. It's not the size of the plane, it's the size of the paycheck. What's wrong with flying props forever. The contract was strong and the pay is now better than B757 pay.

4. You do care or you would not have responded.

All Dennison did was fire a couple of people, shift a couple of current clowns around in Hoosierville, and whammo new management. There is still no plan except the codeshare. That's not a plan, it's a concept.
80% of you got duped. Wait til the next LOA comes in a couple months.

mach zero said:
I have two friends in management at UPS and their vision of the future included trucks that were double-crewed and ran at all hours of the day and night. The international stuff would be mostly line flown and the rest subbed out to the likes of Gemini and others. Both of these guys don't know each other, yet they both gave me this same opinion. According to them the "airline" (as they call UPS flight ops) is just too expensive.

I'm sure freight nazi will reply with some contract clause about scope but believe me if mgmnt wants that "airline" gone it will go.

What was UPS 4th Quarter profit last year?

At least FreightNazi's screen name is accurate.

His kind (formerly known as the Aryan race) are superior to all others (idiots who work for pax carriers) and he wants all the 121 supplementals (Menlo=Poland) to be sent to the gas chamber.

What a tool. Injecting yourself into a thread where ATA guys worry about their company making it into summer, pounding your chest about how great it is to be at UPS, is a major, major d1ck maneuver.

TZ,

You apparently have strong feelings about this and I do respect your opinion, however, you should respect others opinions. You say it's "about the size of the pay check". I say its about the people that I work with. NO amount of money could keep me at a job where I did not like or respect the people I work with.

Your assumption that 80% are "duped" and "scared" is an insult in my opinion. IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE THIS, where were you during the road shows to lead us into the light of your reality. I think you need to respect the opinions of those that voted yes and move on. Have you expressed this opinion to any of your Captains? (or FO's if you are a Captain)

Respectfully in disagreement

Wes

There is NO WAY that the hundreds of MBA's in Memphis and Atlanta/Louisville have missed the sea change in airline pilot pay and benefits in this country.

We'll be next in the barrel, my friend. And pensions will be agenda item #1. Those Haahvid types get up EVERY MORNING looking for ways to cut pilot costs. All us rock-ribbed Republicans croon about the Invisible Hand of the Free Market. It will lurch our way someday.

Take a good look at the Bush administration's promises to the EU about their second term and a US/EU bilateral agreement. Those A380's could very well be flown by foreign nationals through a european subsidiary - ask Atlas guys where all their BA flying went....

Pay off your house ... keep your first wife ... our time is coming....

I believe that HUCK statement is true. Whether or not you fly a 767, 757 at UPS or DAL or AA or UAL the view points of all the MGTS, is that your pay should be in comparission to your peers or other labor cost for the same type of work.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back