• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA 757 over-run at MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So Pilotbob3, care to enlighten all of us and tell us why they didn't go around? What was it like sitting there in the jumpseat when it happened? Did they land long? Too fast? Did their brakes work okay? Any steering problems? Any hydraulic fluid on the runway? Were the wind reports accurate? Please tell us everything....

I sure hope you never mAAke any mistAAkes, Bob.

Maybe he works for the major airline that has never made a mistake. Just can't think of one off the top of my head.

Just outta curiosity,

How long is that runway?

How much trouble are the pilots likely to get in? (assuming no mechanical problems with the plane)

rudderdog said:
So Pilotbob3, care to enlighten all of us and tell us why they didn't go around? What was it like sitting there in the jumpseat when it happened? Did they land long? Too fast? Did their brakes work okay? Any steering problems? Any hydraulic fluid on the runway? Were the wind reports accurate? Please tell us everything....

I sure hope you never mAAke any mistAAkes, Bob.

you will have to ask the crew why they didn't go around.....i could tell you everything but i don't have the time.....

very clever, but i don't fly for that AAirline! LOL:D

texanpilot...

A wise drill instructor once said "...there are only two things from Texas boy, steers and quweers, I don't see any horns on your head..." Lighten up, everyone has there day in the sun, people make jokes all the time, I have some good Texas ones.......

You're right. What was I thinking? It is hilarious when airlines have accidents and incidents. Great time to make jokes. My fault.

I thought it was funny, nothing like blaming Mesa for everything. Everyone else does - why should this be any different. Way to take a joke, dork. You might chill a little with the starch in your tighty whities.:rolleyes:

You're right. What was I thinking? It is hilarious when airlines have accidents and incidents. Great time to make jokes. My fault.

Lighten up lighten up lighten up. If you can't laugh, you can't react to a lot of life. Personally, I've been waiting for Tom Ridge to get on TV and reassure everyone that the overrun is not terrorist-related :D

Pilotbob3 said:
yea no sense in anyone mentioning that the captian and first officer both screwed up in not just plain going around!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what a crew!!!!! and don't tell me there was no "funny feeling" about a normal landing at MDW........sheesh.

well now is when i get to say "i told you so"........seems as if i was right.....and no, ladies, i am not happy about that fact.

from someone i know on the inside.

Chinaclipper,

Your mentality shows why you were on the ground in the military. Good thing you could pay your way through the civillian world and get to call yourself a pilot.

Pilot Bob,

Instead of Pilotbob it should be Kneel-and-bob. Someone you know on the inside, whatever. Becareful what you say, your number could be up tomorrow. Just remember that and don't say I didn't "tell you so".

Latest resources

Back