Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyhard said:
Chinaclipper,

Your mentality shows why you were on the ground in the military. Good thing you could pay your way through the civillian world and get to call yourself a pilot.

Pilot Bob,

Instead of Pilotbob it should be Kneel-and-bob. Someone you know on the inside, whatever. Becareful what you say, your number could be up tomorrow. Just remember that and don't say I didn't "tell you so".

ma'am!

what anger there.....name calling and everything! so i should be quiet because my number could be up tomorrow? anyone's number could be up tomorrow..so what....then what would there be message boards for.....you poor PC person....ahh that don't compute! when one says 'whatever' that usually is agreement that is hard for that one to admit.....

The Aftermath...

Rumor has it that ATA has released the Captain in question. Apparently the flight was found to not have operated within prescribed company procedures. The airplane itself was completely undamaged; not even a landing light broken.

ChinaClipper: May I direct you to a more suitable forum for future posts? It is the regional airline page. There you can talk about Mesa airlines all you want. And some people there might actually care about the subject...

PilotBob: From your A/C listed, I'd say there is a high percentage chance you work for a Major carrier based in ATL. Do you really want to get into a "the crew screwed up" discussion?

I didn't find it amusing when Southwest had a long landing in BUR, and I don't think this is appropriate to joke about either. So keep the "lighten up" messages to yourself please. I'm more interested in why this happened, and what can be done to prevent this kind of thing in the future.

Re: The Aftermath...

UpNDownGuy said:
Rumor has it that ATA has released the Captain in question. Apparently the flight was found to not have operated within prescribed company procedures. The airplane itself was completely undamaged; not even a landing light broken.

PilotBob: From your A/C listed, I'd say there is a high percentage chance you work for a Major carrier based in ATL. Do you really want to get into a "the crew screwed up" discussion?

I didn't find it amusing when Southwest had a long landing in BUR, and I don't think this is appropriate to joke about either. So keep the "lighten up" messages to yourself please. I'm more interested in why this happened, and what can be done to prevent this kind of thing in the future.

im glad the airplane was not damaged or any people hurt. and i agree with you that it is not funny and i totally agree with your last paragraph. although i think that the only way to prevent this is to get pilots to start thinking that going around is not a bad thing to do!!!!!!

sorry UNDG, i don't work for a Major carrier based in ATL......i wish i did though!!!!!! LOL and even if i did who cares? there is not one airline out there that has not had a "mistake" happen....and furthermore i have not been involved in any one of them.....and if my airline coworkers screwed up like that i would have posted the exact same post i started with!!! i don't blindly support anyone just because they fly for "my" airline, which can't do any wrong and is the best! ;) .....thats ridiculous....but apparantly not to many people.

how long is it

For the record, when I flew out of there 31c was 6552 +or - a couple ft. Unless they have since shortened it as it has been a few years.

For the Mesa jokers:
So if I went into the Mesa crew room in CLT and made a "joke" about how two of your pilots turned an ERJ into a taildragger during a landing in ROA where "go around was not an option" in good wx and a perfect airplane, then "forgot" to tell mx, then the next crew "forgot" to preflight the plane and flew in to CLT with a 10 ft scrape on the bottom of the plane. The pilots in the crew room would think that was "funny?"

texanpilot said:
For the Mesa jokers:
So if I went into the Mesa crew room in CLT and made a "joke" about how two of your pilots turned an ERJ into a taildragger during a landing in ROA where "go around was not an option" in good wx and a perfect airplane, then "forgot" to tell mx, then the next crew "forgot" to preflight the plane and flew in to CLT with a 10 ft scrape on the bottom of the plane. The pilots in the crew room would think that was "funny?"

god i hope they would admit their pilots were idiots!!!!!!

did that really happen???

but no matter how stupid some people who work for the same company are...there are those that will back them up......and start using the 'monday morning quarterback' talk BS. LOL but its really not funny..its sad.

I think this was mentioned in another thread but did anyone else see the amount of rubber on 31C?!? That has to be pretty slick even on a dry day. Toss in any type of contamination and I have to believe that runway turns into a skating rink!

He's not making fun of the accident. He's making fun of all the people who automatically blame everyting bad in aviation on Mesa. No one got hurt, not even the plane.

Get off your high horse or get counseling.

Latest resources

Back