• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASTAR'S Race to the Bottom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The invitation to bid on the 767ER flying was given to EAT, ASTAR and Polar. Simply put, the guys with the sharpest pencils (read lowest cost) will get the contract.

ABX were not invited to bid, read into that what you will.

The invitation to bid on the 767ER flying was given to EAT, ASTAR and Polar. Simply put, the guys with the sharpest pencils (read lowest cost) will get the contract.

ABX were not invited to bid, read into that what you will.

Quite right Euro. And since Atlas/Polar are so far below both ABX, Astar, and EAT's costs, would anyone care to venture who is going to get them? It's been rather obvious from the start, I think. Nothing personal/flaming, but I'm not taking a $100 buck an hour pay cut for that "new jet smell" :)

Euro as I understand it. There was a Last minute bid by Luftansa as well and they were granted 3 of the 767's due to their proximity to the motherland. The other 3 will go to Astar or Polar or maybe both as crazy as that sounds. However there seems to be warring factions within DHL on both sides of the Atlantic to gain control over these aircraft. We will know very soon. By the way I believe the Astar MEC rejected any change in pay to fly those airplanes so check your facts before you open your pie hole.

FWIW - let me state that I would not post something that I knew was not true, or did not have some merit of truth. Maybe some of you need to pull your heads out of your backsides and start asking more questions.

One more thing - I have noticed time and again that when someone is guilty of something they have a tendency to jump into "defensive" mode.

FWIW - let me state that I would not post something that I knew was not true, or did not have some merit of truth. Maybe some of you need to pull your heads out of your backsides and start asking more questions.

One more thing - I have noticed time and again that when someone is guilty of something they have a tendency to jump into "defensive" mode.

No defensive mode here. What you posted is simply not true.

FWIW, you aren't doing any of your fellow 1224's a service here.

fod

I never said anything about the alleged cutting of salaries by the ASTAR MEC, that was aviatrix.

Lufthansa operating the 76s? Not a chance in hell mate, and neither will AeroLogic be getting them. There are 3 options, the ones I mentioned. My source is the Global Director of Aviation, seconded my the DFO of EAT. Pretty reliable sources I would say ... sadly when the discussion turns to who of the 3 candidates will be getting them, they suddenly become very silent. Decision should be made sometime in May.

We're a couple of guys standing by if EAT gets them, but we've already told Boeing to stuff the ballmats and install castors (like we have on the 75s) regardless of who the operator will be. Boeing, being their usual arrogant selfs are claiming it can't be done. Bollox!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back