• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASTAR'S Race to the Bottom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Euro my statements about checking facts was not intended for you sorry for the confusion. I would have you check your sources as soon as you can about the 767's. I think you might find that things have just recently changed. Let me know if I'm wrong. Thanks

Must be very recent mate, I spoke to the DFO only last week. Am presently in IST, next week in JFK, week after that LED and then ILN/MIA. By the time I'm back in BRU (Beer-fuelled Rumours Uncontrolled) I trust they'll have announced who the operator will be.

My money, for what it's worth, is on Polar. Would obviously have preferred for us to operate them, secondly ASTAR - but nobody asked me how I feel ;)

How can we clean our own house when your MEC chair is willing to fly the same plane as ours for 50.00 less an hour? You need to call Pat Walsh and ask him about his talk with Dave Ross. It sounded like he was willing to take narrow body pay and ten day blocks of time. If i am wrong I stand corrected.

Wrong. And all you guys are getting worked up over nothing. We aren't going low. There isn't a player in this in the land that has rates as low as Atlas. So, I'd suggest you have Ross call Borne and ask him what they're going to do to get their rates up to our level. I realize you guys are best buddies and all, but that is the reality of the situation. As far as blocks of time are concerned, international trips always last longer than a standard 7 days. Our CVG/BRU/BAH trips were anywhere from 8-10 days, just depending on the layover set up. UPS/FDX has international trips running as long as 14 days, I believe. So what is the problem with that? Are you guys going to start telling us how we should build trip schedules now? ;)

How can we clean our own house when your MEC chair is willing to fly the same plane as ours for 50.00 less an hour? If i am wrong I stand corrected.

It's easy to twist and make wrong assumptions when you don't have the whole story. Your above quote is misleading and totally off base.

Yes you are wrong.

Of the 3 operators mentioned, who already has 76 or 75's. I know the fatherland does not think of things like start up cost, MX spares, MX training, pilot training, proving runs, CatIII proving runs, on and on. Since they only are concerned with the pennies of paying a crew they will give it to someone who has never seen a Boeing.

Oh, Oh, I know, the company that only has Airbus equipment, they will be the one getting the new 76's.........

I am fed up with these clowns. Who is driving this bus. How did they become the largest shipper in the world, it had to be because no one else wanted to ship to the destinations they were going to and they won by default..........

Does anyone have the number to "Truck Masters" driving school......

Back to burying my head in the corn.......... "there's no place like home," "there's no place like home" (repeat as you rock back and forth):laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back