• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Astar Cargo Help PLEASE!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are correct Chewy. There was something contractually that did not allow or made it to costly for ABXA to fly Transcons. I'm not sure who approached who first, but 1224 and Hete struck a deal. The end result was that by 1224 agreeing to amend their contract, ABXA assumed all the transcon flying.

That is about as PC as I can put it.

There is nothing in our contract to stand in the way of the TC flying; there was NO amendment to the contract to allow it to be flown.

Per your contract, don't you have a minimum rest requirement. Wasn't the number of hours of rest adjusted downward to allow the turns required by the transcon. Whether it was, a side letter or whatever, it was changed. Am I correct?

The only airplanes for Astar that are broken, are the ones damaged by Airborne Ground personnal running into them. How many damaged airplanes does ABX have? That's why your recovery numbers are so high. It is really an indicator of how many of our aircraft ABX ground have torn up. Just ask ground school Phil.

Chewy, ABX doesn't have ground personel at Astar outstations.

Please post the number of Astar aircraft ABX personel have allegedly damaged at ILN along with the date and "N" numbers.

Last edited:
Per your contract, don't you have a minimum rest requirement. Wasn't the number of hours of rest adjusted downward to allow the turns required by the transcon. Whether it was, a side letter or whatever, it was changed. Am I correct?

There are some provisions of our CBA that make scheduling the Transcon difficult. There was some discussion on allowing a waiver. I think a temporary waiver may even have been granted, but has long since been cancelled. Management and the union apparently couldn't get together on what the language in the waiver they had supposedly jointly agreed to actually allowed. So far as I know, the Transcon is now scheduled within the established long agreed to parameters of the CBA.

There are some provisions of our CBA that make scheduling the Transcon difficult. There was some discussion on allowing a waiver. I think a temporary waiver may even have been granted, but has long since been cancelled. Management and the union apparently couldn't get together on what the language in the waiver they had supposedly jointly agreed to actually allowed. So far as I know, the Transcon is now scheduled within the established long agreed to parameters of the CBA.

Now, since yall weren't doing the Transcon before, (AStar was), I understand the part about there were some CBA issues that got modified, at least temporarily, but maybe I missed it. What again was the reason for 1224 getting a "temporary waiver" that reduced their contractual rest? That was so that yall, (1224/ABXAir) could gain......what?

Thanks

I'm a little confused Heavyet. Are you sarcastically saying that I am correct? Or are you trying to cover up the fact that I am correct with sarcasm. Which is it?

The post drips with sarcasm (anyone recently staying at the 5 Towns knows that the pound cake is no longer moist and tends to break rather than crumble) to indicate that I find it near impossible that a sensible type such as your good self could be so naive and misinformed as to even entertain the idea that we get to vote on our ACMI flying. Do you get to vote on yours?

Whatever you think you know about nefarious ibt voting schemes to undercut your Trans Con terms of service is wrong - it simply didn't happen.

Trans Con in no way requires a special deal outside the remit of our current CBA although we do get a free sandwich and a bag of chips in SFO to bolster our spirits, imbue a heart-warming sense of team pride and provide sustenance for the LAX/JFK segment.

For what it's worth, the figure of savings of $200K per month using the B767 over an A300 has been quoted by JFK DHL sources.

Now, since yall weren't doing the Transcon before, (AStar was), I understand the part about there were some CBA issues that got modified, at least temporarily, but maybe I missed it. What again was the reason for 1224 getting a "temporary waiver" that reduced their contractual rest? That was so that yall, (1224/ABXAir) could gain......what?

Thanks

There was a proposal , via side letter, during the reign of the previous ibt1224 president (the one with the troubled pants that wouldn't stay up) which had us flying without the need for proper rest for international ops plus certain domestic situations. It went down like a lead balloon (bit like his pants) and I've yet to fly a trip under a reduced rest waiver. Such a waiver to our CBA doesn't exist.

Latest resources

Back