• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Astar announces new hire class in Oct.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guess we better run all posts by you first to ensure we're not eating up valuable time and bandwidth huh?

BTW, it was news to me. I knew YYC was gone, but I assumed it was one of your 72's that was gonna pick it up.

Found my old post so you can read it again. Now you are up to date.

"Our bids show PIT,GRR,AUS. None are additional routes, just more stops. Heard a rumor from your guys about TLH, HRL coming our way. ILN-YYC-YVR are going to a Canadian 72 via a memo that came out recently. "

Sounds like there will soon be a B727 in ILN that doesn't belong to Astar. Canada's Cargo Jet is scheduled to start YVR-YYC-ILN-YYC-YVR in September.

True LJ. They're doing it because it's going to be a 2 legger through Canada.

What are Astar schedules like? QOL?

7 on, 7 off. QOL, depends on how well you can live on 60-80k a year for 7-10yrs. The pay is really lacking in the back. I would look around the, there are much better places to go. If ABX would get off their butts and hire I would look there. Seem to have a good future in the Asian markets, and they certainly are the highest paid in the ACMI world.

Good luck.

I did not take it as a slam. Your response is typical of a legacy carrier passenger pilot. Flying along as the world crumbles around him and then blaming national. Not realizing that WE, thats right ASTAR, UPS, FEDEX, and ABX are the ONLY ones left holding the bar. You have not helped us, none of you. I am far from jealous, but I won't waste time explaining to you while I would never leave here for there. Now I'm off to my 27 day vacation, my 3rd of the year. Cya.

27 day vacation. Okay, what’s your monthly schedule? I have a few friends at Continental who work 18 on, 12 off. Of their 18 on, every third day is at home.

What’s your normal monthly schedule like?

ABX is actually located in one of the three cities my wife has cleared me for when I retire in the spring of ’09.

I would never come to Abx or Astar for that matter, and plan to hold a specific city, for other than commuting purposes.

As DHL swaps the cities around between Astar and Abx at a whim, you cannot even bank on the easy commute option either.

Go to Fed Ex or UPS!

The DHL, Astar Abx sitution is not a good place right now. Way to many bad things could materialise, vs only one good thing!

RISK RISK RISK

Latest resources

Back