• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA's TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At ASA (no pbs) if you have 14 days of vacation per year you typically end up with two vacations of about 15 to 20 days off each.

How does that compare to skywest with pbs?

Tomct,
You are right. My first language was ALPA rhetoric long ago and it sounded just like that. But of course I should have noticed that type of remark. It comes from someone who irons their ALPA linard while drinking watered down hot cocoa from a Starbucks cup, debating on whither or not you should update the seven Jepps folders your left in your inbox, wishing ALPA would hurry and come to SKYW so that the FAA won't bust you for your laziness. With that, I guess I am a tool. All the guys screaming for ALPA's "protection" probably need it, soon.

Tomct,
You are right. My first language was ALPA rhetoric long ago and it sounded just like that. But of course I should have noticed that type of remark. It comes from someone who irons their ALPA linard while drinking watered down hot cocoa from a Starbucks cup, debating on whither or not you should update the seven Jepps folders your left in your inbox, wishing ALPA would hurry and come to SKYW so that the FAA won't bust you for your laziness. With that, I guess I am a tool. All the guys screaming for ALPA's "protection" probably need it, soon.

Anti-ALPA guys like to argue that ALPA supporters use scare tactics. Then some make posts insinuating they will need protection if the vote fails. Don't take a check ride from CFIT if you are pro ALPA !

yellowfever,
you missed the whole point. i have been at skyw a long while and i know many of the pro-union guys. Many I have flown with and many have this chip on their shoulder who feel the world is out to get them. They are the ones who like to stir the mud. Many know what kind of pilots they are and fear the FAA. Instead of changing their practices, they continue to do the stupid things they do. Either busting FARs or pissing off people in management. You must remember, we are the employee. Whatever happened to being a good one. If skyw screwed us as much as the few think, then go elsewhere, They will then see what it is that they had. I was at somewhere before skyw and think this place is not the hell hole the "world must revolve around me" type think it is. So your comment about 'if the vote fails' is so not the point. But i do like your avatar.

Last edited:
Continental

the only, ONLY people I've ever heard complain about PBS are on this board. they are by and large in small domiciles. before you scream and piss and moan 'well don't they count?!', you must consider the size of our pilot group. when the large majority of 2500+ calls it a benefit to their QOL, as opposed to a vocal few on this board, it seems to me that it can easily be termed an advantage.

but, bitch and moan on, I know you will.

Have you ever heard of Continental airlines, you tooldrawer? I know of many guys who went there from a crappy regional (ASA) which has traditional scheds and say that PBS is flatly horrible in comparison.

While I have no personal experience with PBS, these are people who had to do years of reserve at a crappy regional and the form of PBS at Continental is something they really don't like compared to their overall experiences elsewhere.

No offense, but.... (Oh, wait, strike that part-offense totally intended, Skynation.)

I am sure of one thing-I will take their word over yours, you idiot!
-You are truly a king among fools!

--A dubious distinction, but a distinction nonetheless, moron.....

Ive asked a couple of Delta friends how they feel about PBS without giving them my opinion prior and they have both said its no good.

This coming from two people who pretty much do their job and go home, and never heard of a website called FI.com or any others similar.

One is a senior FO MD88, the other a Junior Captain on the 757

Nobody has perfect schedules, but PBS makes it worse.

Medeco

My favorite part of KB's letter was where he pointed out that SkyWest first year CRJ CA pay is still higher than ASA's first year CRJ CA pay.

So what, neither company has any first year CA's on the CRJ

Well it maybe true that PBS may not always work to your advantage, two things need to be remembered. You have to use your head and bid for things your seniority will hold. Thinking a 4 year captain can bid for weekends off with 2 day back to backs maybe pushing things a bit. You need to reach for apples not stars. Next, those two airlines mentioned above that also employ PBS are both ALPA, so to attack SKYW and say "The Devil!" well...it doesn't look much like ALPA is really preventing the likes of PBS either.

Last edited:
My favorite part of KB's letter was where he pointed out that SkyWest first year CRJ CA pay is still higher than ASA's first year CRJ CA pay.

So what, neither company has any first year CA's on the CRJ

Not yet but SkyWest is really close!! All alpa has done is caused friction when there was none, or very little before. I would rather see something like what the Southwest pilots have (swapa). And im sure SkyWest would too. Just not ALPA...... There just not fighting for the right things now..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back