• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA's TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Long Time Gone, with English as my third language, I think I do pretty darn good.
As for management, I am no where near any management position at SKYW, but I do own and manage my own business. So I am a bit familiar with the ways of the world. My brother in law was one of the lawyers on the buy deal and he has filled me in a few of the tid bits.
As for my quick upgrade, I was a captain before the buyout, so suck on that. I fear for the many new hires that picked SKYW over other places. There should

401K company matching contributions

1 year of service 20% of the first 6% a pilot contributes

2years = 30% of first 6%

3years = 40% of first 6%

4,5,6 years = 50% of first 6%

7 years = 75% of first 6%

10 or more years = 75% of the first 8%

Company cotribution deposited monthly

New hire automatically enrolled, must opt out if desires not to participate

Non-discrimination test(highly compensated)-pilots will be tested seperately

joint retirement committee to discuss issues that may arise

This TA should be wrapped up by Nov. 15th.? Is 6 weeks long enough? I know at Airtran it was done in 6 Weeks from T.A. to close of voting!

ZOMG! This clown lists PBS as an "advantage" that SKYW pilots currently enjoy over ASA pilots. And they didn't even need union representation to achieve it.

He also compares our first year captain rates to theirs as inferior. Does anyone even have first year captains? What a tool.

Too funny!

the only, ONLY people I've ever heard complain about PBS are on this board. they are by and large in small domiciles. before you scream and piss and moan 'well don't they count?!', you must consider the size of our pilot group. when the large majority of 2500+ calls it a benefit to their QOL, as opposed to a vocal few on this board, it seems to me that it can easily be termed an advantage.

but, bitch and moan on, I know you will.

Long Time Gone, with English as my third language, I think I do pretty darn good.
As for management, I am no where near any management position at SKYW, but I do own and manage my own business. So I am a bit familiar with the ways of the world. My brother in law was one of the lawyers on the buy deal and he has filled me in a few of the tid bits.
As for my quick upgrade, I was a captain before the buyout, so suck on that. I fear for the many new hires that picked SKYW over other places. There should

Not even worth my time! Go BACK to your 1st language!!:rolleyes: Probably sounds something like this...wonk...wonk.wonk...wonk...wonk! TOOL!

the only, ONLY people I've ever heard complain about PBS are on this board. they are by and large in small domiciles. before you scream and piss and moan 'well don't they count?!', you must consider the size of our pilot group. when the large majority of 2500+ calls it a benefit to their QOL, as opposed to a vocal few on this board, it seems to me that it can easily be termed an advantage.

but, bitch and moan on, I know you will.

Did you happen to get your figures that claim "the large majority calls it a benefit" from SAPA or management??? Oh, never mind, they're one and the same!!!!

I get it from every single person I've flown with since it was implemented. I'm in our largest domicile, and rarely fly with the same person more than once.

where are you based? with all your seniority, has it been a boon to you?

I get it from every single person I've flown with since it was implemented. I'm in our largest domicile, and rarely fly with the same person more than once.

where are you based? with all your seniority, has it been a boon to you?

Sadly, it has not...less days off, less pay too. It can't improve our bids if the pairings are getting worse, no matter how senior one happens to be. The forced pairings don't help either!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back