Asa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Smarta$$ said:
Commuting from MSP on delta, If you work for ASA does delta take unlimited jumpseaters. Or are you treated like a pilot from outside the delta family and limited to two jumpseaters?

If you work for ASA you get to non-rev on Delta which is a higher priority than a jumpseater and I think you get priority over off line jumpseaters on the actual jumpseat. I am sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong on that one.

you guys are dreaming if you think there will be a TA by the end of the year. There won't be one by the end of '06.....I guarentee you that.

IFlyFL410 said:
you guys are dreaming if you think there will be a TA by the end of the year. There won't be one by the end of '06.....I guarentee you that.

And the sky is falling... Would you care to state your source for this gem? How about just letting us know why you think we should pay attention to your opinion? What's the guarantee anyway?

PalmettoPilot said:
And the sky is falling... Would you care to state your source for this gem? How about just letting us know why you think we should pay attention to your opinion? What's the guarantee anyway?

How about the fact that it has taken over 3 years so far and we are not even close to an agreement. We are still fighting with management over non-monetary issues with management continuously making worse-than-current contract proposals. Unless there is a sudden change of heart, there is no end in sight to this.

49W said:
How about the fact that it has taken over 3 years so far and we are not even close to an agreement. We are still fighting with management over non-monetary issues with management continuously making worse-than-current contract proposals. Unless there is a sudden change of heart, there is no end in sight to this.

The ONLY time there will be progress in this joke of a "negotiation" is when the mediator declares an impasse in this mess, allows us to self-help and a 30 day cooling off period. Only then will ASA management begin to negotiate serioulsy! Nothing is accomplished at ANY of these negotiation sessions. It is just a big waste of time. I feel for our negotiators, as there hands are tied and management will continue to play games and delay.

I am wondering, is there a record for the longest airline or labor negotiation? We have to be getting close!

At least you've backed up your opinion with some factual information. All true, however, hasn't there been a significant change in leadership? Doesn't that mean that SkyWest is sending a message that current trends are unacceptable? Is it possible that someone has finally realised that if the work force is so completely turned against the company that performance will spiral? (we're last in almost all measures of performance).

I remain "cautiously optimistic" that the new management team will see the light and respond accordingly at the negotiation table. I'm looking forward to reading the notes from the MEC. The doom and gloomers may be right, but for all of our sakes I hope not.

PalmettoPilot said:

You want to know my source?? My source is Me, and any other ASA pilot out there. I've been here plenty long enough to know that there won't be a contract by year's end. Entirely impossible. Company doesn't won't it, and there's too much left to negotiate to even get it done in such little time. You obviously don't know how far behind they are with it and how little has been accomplished.

Just looking at the Sched. section, the company can't imagine giving us the standard items that the majority of carriers have because Scheduling will self implode with the incompetent employees they have working now. They create more problems than they solve, grossly inefficient at the lax conditions they have now. Simply, they don't want to give up the control they have at the time.

Second, the union is writing definitive language in their proposals and the company doesn't want that because they won't be able to reinterperate it to their benifit and our detriment.

They've imposed pay rates and current work rules to get the concessions they keep saying that they have never asked for. Making them look like angles and us the devil for wanting changes for the better in our contract.

If you work for ASA you get to non-rev on delta you say? That is still free correct? And it is any open seat? Is that one thing that will change when ASA's travel benefits change or would that likely stay the same? Thanks

Latest resources

Back