Asa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AchilleLauro said:
Who said anything about sucking as.s? I always crack up when I read the vocal minority getting in a huff. You act like every time you talk to scheduling you get worked over like the little b!tch you are. What, you expect them to worship you because you're the pilot? Yes sir Mr Captain, no sir Mr Captain, here's a reality check. You fly a barbie jet for a regional. You shouldn't expect big boy treatment until you get out of the regionals. Until then, just do your job and quit whining like a little fa.g. I'd probably be over in scheduling for all of 15 minutes before I started hating pilots too. I hear you tool bags talking to them and it's easy to understand why you had problems, you're the ones they hate!

I wouldn't call it a vocal minority. I'd say close to 100% of those that have been on reserve for the last few months. When the airplanes aren't properly staffed than scheduling will try whatever they can to get trips covered. Calls in the middle of the night, finish four day in morning home for 11 hours back that night to start a three day, six on and out flying then one day off then back out for six and only getting 14 hours. DH out the wazzzzzzzzzzzzuuuuuuuuuu. Not to mention never getting any of the days off that showed on your final except the golden days.
I hope your never bumped back into a reserve spot like most of us on the 70. Your attitude would change in a second.

AchilleLauro said:
Who said anything about sucking as.s? I always crack up when I read the vocal minority getting in a huff. You act like every time you talk to scheduling you get worked over like the little b!tch you are. What, you expect them to worship you because you're the pilot? Yes sir Mr Captain, no sir Mr Captain, here's a reality check. You fly a barbie jet for a regional. You shouldn't expect big boy treatment until you get out of the regionals. Until then, just do your job and quit whining like a little fa.g. I'd probably be over in scheduling for all of 15 minutes before I started hating pilots too. I hear you tool bags talking to them and it's easy to understand why you had problems, you're the ones they hate!

So let me see if I unerstand you correctly. I should just take whatever crew scheduling dishes out because I fly a " Barbie Jet." When I move up to a "real jet," I can then expect to be treated professionally and can expect crew scheduling to abide by the contract .

Am I correct in interpreting your statement ??

Jungle Prop said:
AchilleLauro you are truly a tool in every sense of the word.
I'm not sure he is a pilot. Perhaps when they are not answering their phones, the Crew Scheduling clerks are surfing FlightInfo trying to figure out who's talking nasty about them....

Darn, my phone will ring at 2AM this morning for sure now that I posted that. They probably sent the K:)rean girl to purchase calling cards so they can hide their caller ID.
"Hero Craptin, eh, we have asrignment for yew. Yew to do parrng 312, no er 4127A, dury inn, you come now, OK? Yu no rereased. Yu now stray at arrport. Thank you."

Last edited:
big airplanes do not mean better sched's, just farther away for a longer time

MajorAv8r said:
They closed DFW, opened SLC. 3?

Yes 3, but for a different airline. I spent the last 5 years at ACA on the Delta Connection side. Those 3 were (R.I.P.):

1. LGA
2. BOS
3. CVG

As for the reserve question, I was hired in March and didn't have to sit reserve on the 200 out of ATL. But that has to do more with timing than anything else. Those hired a month or so after me were sitting reserve. Not sure how fast it is moving.

Here in SLC, I plan on being on reserve for some time, but reserve at home has actually been really nice (other than not making any money). As posted above, I've hardly been used while my sim partner has flown alot. More than anything, I just try to stay below scheduling's radar.

Last edited:
Ditto for me.
IAD
CVG
ATL

Four training events in four years, too!
J41
Do Jet
CRJ 200
CRJ 700

As to the contract question, I think that things are already changing for the better since Skywest took over. I don't know if we'll have a TA by the end of the year, but I expect substantial progress.

Delta commuting Q

Commuting from MSP on delta, If you work for ASA does delta take unlimited jumpseaters. Or are you treated like a pilot from outside the delta family and limited to two jumpseaters?

blueridge71 said:
Ditto for me.
IAD
CVG
ATL

Those where just the base closures for me. If you count the change in domiciles, it would be 5 (6 if you count IAD which I never actually worked out of but was assigned to once CVG closed.)

LGA, BOS, CVG, ATL, SLC

You've got me on training though.

I hope you're right about the TA. We'll see.

As for the jump seat question just posted. Delta is one jumpseater per jump seat. Most only have one. As a DCI pilot, you have access to the jumpseat even if you don't participate in CASS. Although I have heard that since Delta put CASS into play, some gate agents have been denying DCI pilots the jumpseat due to them not being in the CASS system. Hopefully that has been worked out.

If you are commuting from MSP to ATL, ASA does service the city from both domiciles. As an ASA pilot, you can call and reserve the jumpseat on ASA flights, first come/ first served. The times I have done it, they have been pretty good about actually listing me for it when I asked. With the expected diminishing of our travel bennies, I hope that the negotiating committee is giving some serious thought about a good commuter clause. It sure takes the stress out of commuting.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back