• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Candler Field was named after the Candler family, as in Asa Candler, the inventor of Coca-Cola. Get it?

Ten days off on reserve, work rules suck, hope for a new contract with the new management and soon. On the bright side, the hiring is supposed to continue indefinitely and at a high pace.

SLC is only a 70 seat base right now. The 70 is attainable to new hires, as is SLC.

Reserve is about two months on the 50. If you get reserve on the 70 or ATR, expect to be there a while.

Candler is ASA's callsign with ATC. ASA is headquartered out of Atlanta. Coca-Cola owns Atlanta. I'm still trying to figure out where Kevin Bacon belongs in this whole name thing.

Stifler's Mom said:
Candler is ASA's callsign with ATC. ASA is headquartered out of Atlanta. Coca-Cola owns Atlanta. I'm still trying to figure out where Kevin Bacon belongs in this whole name thing.
Kevin Bacon was listed in the credits with Kat Candler in the 1 Second Film, to be released in 2006.

AchilleLauro said:
I've flown with a few reserve FOs this month, and it seems they have varying stories. Some guys haven't flown at all, others have been flying a bunch. Maybe it's you! I hear people b!tch and whine about reserve and wonder how they bring it on themselves. Then I hear them talking to crew scheduling and it all clicks. It's like all things in life, treat people like sh!t and expect to get sh!t on. Try being nice for a month, see if it helps.

So a pilot is supposed to suck Crew Sched. A$$? That's bull$hit! You sound like one of the people who sends CS pizzas and sweet talks there duma$$es.

How about holding them to the contract? How about holding them to the FAR's?

They never did me ANY favors in over three years on reserve, so I never did them any.

Grow a pair of balls and stand up for your fellow pilots.

Palerider957 said:
So a pilot is supposed to suck Crew Sched. A$$? That's bull$hit! You sound like one of the people who sends CS pizzas and sweet talks there duma$$es.

How about holding them to the contract? How about holding them to the FAR's?

They never did me ANY favors in over three years on reserve, so I never did them any.

Grow a pair of balls and stand up for your fellow pilots.

Who said anything about sucking as.s? I always crack up when I read the vocal minority getting in a huff. You act like every time you talk to scheduling you get worked over like the little b!tch you are. What, you expect them to worship you because you're the pilot? Yes sir Mr Captain, no sir Mr Captain, here's a reality check. You fly a barbie jet for a regional. You shouldn't expect big boy treatment until you get out of the regionals. Until then, just do your job and quit whining like a little fa.g. I'd probably be over in scheduling for all of 15 minutes before I started hating pilots too. I hear you tool bags talking to them and it's easy to understand why you had problems, you're the ones they hate!

Latest resources

Back