• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/XJT update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I honestly think it just simply comes down to the XJT pilots not wanting to take any other concession in a new contract. I've got plan B. I suggest everyone have one. That is where the leverage comes from.

That's good advice...Jerry has a Plan B, C, and probably D....I doubt any of the ones after Plan A involve the legacy XJT folks....

Well stated, Nevjets, Plan B is a must.

JoeM, I just cannot see the common sense in us taking concessions with Eagle and Republic offering $5000 signing bonuses (2 year contract) to find qualified candidates. Times are changing and our 50 seaters are gone, regardless. We are not overpaid on the ERJ side. I have no idea who this supposed pilot is that broke $300K. In the 6+ years as a captain, and working pretty hard, I have never seen 90K+.

Any concessionary contract, for the LXJT side, will find very little, if any, support.

Nobody is asking your side for concessions, unless you count PBS. However demanding much more than you currently have, and/or demanding no PBS is going to result in this continuing to drag out with your side suffering the consequences.

there is a huge difference between taking guys mid seniority and moving them to DFW. That opens a pandoras box and certainly not what they are asking. they will get the pilots somehwere. if the LXJT guys think this is a good fight to fight then ok... I just dont see it as it doesnt benefit anyone. You gotta pick your battles and this aint one i would fight. but thats just my opinion. i think this small little thing is more indicative of the battle between LXJT and management and it looks like its starting to get ugly.

IM not suggesting taking mid seniority guys and moving them around, just saying if an SLI was done there are guys on the ERJ side that would willingly move to the CRJ side to take those slots. And your point was moving 1st year guys was cost neutral, well so would moving a more senior guy if that guy volunteers to go.

Nobody is asking your side for concessions, unless you count PBS. However demanding much more than you currently have, and/or demanding no PBS is going to result in this continuing to drag out with your side suffering the consequences.

I thought LASA came to the table with the ASA contract +4%, of course, with PBS, loss of work rules and soft time. Pretty big give back there.

And yes, Joe, of course we consider PBS a concession. How can you put that conditional statement, "unless you count PBS" as a concession? How long have you been around, seriously...

I think you, or someone else, are generalizing a lot of our pilot group into something they are not. Not sure if it was you who stated that 300K bs statement, but completely wrong. I do not know what our negotiating committee is asking for, but that should be for them to know. If you are privy to some info, you probably should not be posting it on this forum. It is probably not true and it will do no good to bring it up on an anonymous forum. I do not know how you can generalize all of our pilot group based on being "in the know" of our negotiating committees.

I guess I do not come on here very often, but seeing some of the crap posted in this thread just makes me think that you are just creating a rift between our pilot groups. But then again, I am not one of those cool "in the know" guys like you, Joe.

I find it amusing to watch a bunch of twenty somethings try and teach everyone about negotiating with Jerry....I know you guys have it all figured out in your vast years of negotiating, but I wouldn't count Jerry out just yet...:laugh:

And it took you guys what 6 years to get your current contract that isnt even that great of a contract(arguably worse than ours that was signed in 2004). Yup, looks like you guys are the ones to ask on how to negotiate with Inc.

The United and American pilots "expected" more also...Doesn't mean you get it.

There is a big difference between "reasonable gains in all areas of your contract" and not taking concessions. One is attainable, one is not....I guess you guys will have to figure out which one is attainable

The UAL have yet to vote on the turd that was laid in front of them. AA is in BK and so far is still working under their old contract since not much of the 1113c contract has been forced on them, yet.

What you are saying is that gains are impossible so we might as well take concessions. No thanks, ill work under my current contract before I take one concession.

You in your previous post are basically asking us for concessions by saying that "one(concessions) is attainable and the other(gains) is not attainable". So which is it? To me you are back on your whole "you gotta take concessions because its IMPOSSIBLE to make any headway" argument.

I dont buy it.

I also dont see our union demanding anything, at least not publicly. You have pilots on here and on the pipe "demanding" things, but like I already said they dont speak for the pilot group.

Your union has publicly said "our PBS or nothing". At least our union has said "line bidding or maybe this PBS". So who is demanding in that situation?

I wonder what the company is "demanding"?

Demands come from all sides.

I find it amusing to watch a bunch of twenty somethings try and teach everyone about negotiating with Jerry....I know you guys have it all figured out in your vast years of negotiating, but I wouldn't count Jerry out just yet...:laugh:

I'm 43 and say stfu JM.

Is this JM guy a regional lifer? If so, explains everything.

That's good advice...Jerry has a Plan B, C, and probably D....I doubt any of the ones after Plan A involve the legacy XJT folks....

I guess he needs all those plans. I just need one back up. But good for him. I'm sure he will sleep ok at night, seriously.

Is this JM guy a regional lifer? If so, explains everything.

Is there something wrong with being a regional lifer?

If so, explain.

I didn't know it was against the law to be a regional lifer.

I guess if someone is happy at their regional, likes the schedules they hold, likes the quality of life they have, is happy flying the equipment they fly they must be CRAZY!

Are you Xjet guys going to remove every MEC Chairman that agrees with Mgmt?

I know you folks know the Golden Rule. As much as all of us may not like it, Jerry has all of the Gold. Jerry make the rules. If we do not play by his rules you will LOSE!

Latest resources

Back