• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/XJT New Name

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats part of the reasaon you guys spiraled down to almost going out of bussines.

Wow! How's that Kool aid? Maybe Xjters should have offered an additional concession to save Xjt. How about management negotiating a CPA with a zero profit? What a stuppid, ill thought out comment.

I voted against PBS. I never wanted it. After using it for several months now, I couldn't go back to line bidding. You can treat it like "weekly" bidding as opposed to monthly bidding.. Bid on pairings for each week, filtering credits, overnights, days off/on, etc... Once you have a list of pairings to choose from, just tag them in order. I do this every week and really love the results.

I'm not trying to start something, but from someone who opposed it, I so glad we do it now.

As NEVETS always points out, most ASA people's ONLY frame of reference is what they had before, which was garbage.

Fantastic.....we are giving everything else to the company we bought, how about we take their name too.

Who is the "we" you reference? Did they get all the employees together and get their money so "you" could by XJT? Stop buying into the bullsh1t. SkyWest holdings bought Expressjet, through another holdings company called Atlantic Southeast Airlines. Get over the "we bought you" mentality and deal with reality.

Relax man.....oh yea, for starters how about the XJT name and uniforms. Maybe the ASA guys are a bit touchy about giving up everything relative to their old identity.

I wouldn't look at it that way. XJT had to get the crappy/undertrained schedulers from ASA that don't know crap about the XJT contract, as well as the sh1tty sched+. Sure, it has some cool features, but CCS was easier.

How about management negotiating a CPA with a zero profit? What a stuppid, ill thought out comment.

As I mentioned in another thread. Expressjet obviously came with a "you break it, you buy policy". In other words, Jerry and CAL collude to force XJT down in cost and completely screw over XJT's financials, this starts in 2008 during the first buyout attempt. It comes to maturation when SkyWest successfully buys out Expressjet, using Atlantic Southeast Airlines.

The sad part is this, when (if) all the "we bought you" children move on to whatever airline they do in their career, they won't even give two sh1ts about what happened anyway. Pure comic gold.

Fantastic.....we are giving everything else to the company we bought, how about we take their name too.

This, this right here, is complete BS. First, and I am not sure if it is you, OUR NEW COMPANY, THE CURRENT ASA UNION, or some diluted idea some ASA pilots have come up with, but you did not buy ********************e. The company, ASA (sorry ExpressJet), is a pawn in the game. SkyWest INCORPORATED is the Bobby Fisher moving the pieces. So what does that make all the ASA pilots......less than a pawn. Not even on the board. Get it straight ....you did not buy anything. If you somehow think you did, then you are a crazy a$$ clown. Second, ASA has changed very little since the buyout, by SKYW Inc. The old ExpressJet has taken the Sked+ system, the PainMaker horse********************e pay system. There is 1, that is 1, holdover upper management guy...XJT's old director of flight training. XJT got the awesome ourasa website with so much company propaganda it is sickening. XJT transferred scheduling, to watch it meltdown, and soon its full dispatch to ATL. Tell your idea on how much your life has changed to the people in those departments and see how much sympathy you get. XJT is changing its policies and procedures to the ASA over managed philosophies. Last I checked, aviation needs to be flexible and able handle fluid change. Yet ASA seems more concerned about me eating in public. Way to see the forest for the trees ASA leadership. Nice single A leadership in the major leagues. What's next.....an ourasa message to enforce no coffee in the event it spills and creates a stain...thanks Dad.

XJT has changed its FOM and CFM in order to facilitate the merger too....literally taking steps backwards to be a bottom feeding regional (ASA stance) instead of an airline. We are changing our training in order to make it easier to transition the merger. Not because we are bad, but because it would be too much work to pull ASA up to XJT's current level. Fu%k...ASA does not even test in recurrent ground school and the CRM is an absolute joke. Its cool though, knowing system and understanding how to work as team comes second to cost and the company at a regional right? I could keep going, but do not kid yourself, XJT as a whole was above ASA when it was bought, save the executives and piss poor financial situation due to said executives. If you are so pissed about this, our fu$king name, just wait till the contract. The numbers are on XJT's side, so therefore, based on your assumption that you bought us, enjoy watching the tail wag the dog...

Keep those resumes polished senior guys.

Last edited:
Wow! How's that Kool aid? Maybe Xjters should have offered an additional concession to save Xjt. How about management negotiating a CPA with a zero profit? What a stuppid, ill thought out comment.

Ok, once again......management DID NOT negotiate a zero profit margin. IT WAS FORCED ON THEM with a rate reset by Delta over their ridiculous demand that ASA have the second lowest costs of all DCI carriers! Get it! The old rate that Delta paid was much different. They didn't want to pay that much, so they imposed this rate on us. Who would negotiate zero profit?

Ok, once again......management DID NOT negotiate a zero profit margin. IT WAS FORCED ON THEM with a rate reset by Delta over their ridiculous demand that ASA have the second lowest costs of all DCI carriers! Get it! The old rate that Delta paid was much different. They didn't want to pay that much, so they imposed this rate on us. Who would negotiate zero profit?

Sorry, not the Delta CPA, XJT management negotiated a 0 profit CPA with CAL at CALs request when oil went to $140.00 a barrel. Speaking of stupid decisions, the old Xjt CEO T.H. deliberately did not hire pilolts when the crew planning dept begged him to. This was done to make Xjts books look better for a buyout, so now Asa/Skypest can enjoy paying a 13 yr ca for example $180.00 an hour to fly an "RJ". Oh well, who cares anyway, Skw has plenty of cash, for now...

Oh, back on subject, the new name and logo is better than surejet. Looks great.

Drinksonme,
Asa is changing it's fom as well, we do test in recurrent ground, but its a four day event with the MV and LOE at the end (AQP). Not sure about the eating in public deal, never heard that one before. Please explain . I agree the we bought u attitude is just dumb. I think with a little time knuckle heads that say that stuff will get over it. Even with the argument that a lot of ASA folks are Skywest stock holders. Exspressjet is just a better name.

Latest resources

Back