Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bring back Chandler as a call sign...

Actually, it was "Candler."

Asa Griggs Candler was the founder of the modern Coca~Cola company. Look around Atlanta and you'll find a lot of things named after him.

ASA = Asa Candler, get it?

Good to see an Xjt guy in charge of scheduling now, perhaps we can see some of this famous Xjt know-how for everyone.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this XJT awesomer-than-thou isn't real. They've been spoiled from day one by Continental and suddenly they're looking at the dirtbag United Express system wondering- WTFJH?

Yeah, you heard me correctly- UAL Express is the lowest of the low. DL, CO, and even USair run better express operations. Waaaay better.

Agreed though, we need to police ourselves better, and the no eating in uniform is aimed at our sloppy, slovenly pilots who walk around with their ties undone jamming a fistful of greasy fries into their unshaven faces while riding the people mover. I've seen it, and no, we didn't weed these guys out in the interview process. I think Express was always better at attracting more highly evolved humans.

Drinksonme,
Asa is changing it's fom as well, we do test in recurrent ground, but its a four day event with the MV and LOE at the end (AQP). Not sure about the eating in public deal, never heard that one before. Please explain . I agree the we bought u attitude is just dumb. I think with a little time knuckle heads that say that stuff will get over it. Even with the argument that a lot of ASA folks are Skywest stock holders. Exspressjet is just a better name.

Well what you are saying puzzles me since I am member of the XJT Training Center. We where told XJT did more testing. I will recant that statement. With regard to FOM changes, there has been a lot already, there is a lot more to come. XJT is taking the brunt of thr changes. The food in view of the public is in there. I am totally onboard with merging with ASA. I have a lot of friends there and believe we will be a good team. It is getting the people who want control and the people with entitlement ideals out of the way.

Seems like a lot of bickering between the two groups that are supposed to be coming together. I think it's time for a motivational speech to remind us of the opportunity to Carpe Improvements, http://youtu.be/d6wRkzCW5qI

Give it two minutes for a little solidarity. If nothing else, you get to see Sloth from Goonies.

Not sure about the eating in public deal, never heard that one before. Please explain.

We have a new policy at XJT that says we may eat on the flight deck but not if we are in view of the pax.

I think Express was always better at attracting more highly evolved humans.

You obviously havent met many of our FA's

Ok, once again......management DID NOT negotiate a zero profit margin. IT WAS FORCED ON THEM with a rate reset by Delta over their ridiculous demand that ASA have the second lowest costs of all DCI carriers! Get it! The old rate that Delta paid was much different. They didn't want to pay that much, so they imposed this rate on us. Who would negotiate zero profit?

No, it was part of the ASA Skywest agreed to in order to have the right to buy Atlantic Southeast Airlines 6 years ago. Skywest agreed to it. But XJT's CPA was actually forced on them buy Skywest and CAL in 2008.

Drinksonme,
Asa is changing it's fom as well, we do test in recurrent ground, but its a four day event with the MV and LOE at the end (AQP). Not sure about the eating in public deal, never heard that one before. Please explain.

Our training footprint is one day of basic indoc, one day of systems, one day of CRM, and either a PC or LOFT, all on days we were on a trip, which includes travel, if applicable.

Its not just eating in public thing, its also telling management where we are during sits and hotels, telling them if we are not staying at the hotel, checking in, on top of all the other technical conformity type changes to align ourselves with ASA. Those are just the highlights.

Get over it.

Get over what exactly?

With the exception of checking in, nobody actually does those other things. I wouldn't worry about them

Yeah, we all cursed those things for a few days and are now doing our own usual thing. They tried fighting us on checking in though. We'll see what happens with that since its not in our contract any more.

Latest resources

Back