• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/XJT New Name

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the uniform stuff is a financial decision, I mean buy new stuff for 1600 dudes or 2700. I'd pick the cheaper option too. I find it curious though that they are changing the stripes to shiny gold over time. Hopefully they are thinking ahead. i.e. all carriers merged.

Just note that because they are (eventually) changing the Expressjet guys' uniforms as well (to shiny gold), it actually would have been cheaper for the company to change the Expressjet uniform to the ASA uniform. So either the bean counters can't count, or more likely they just want us both to feel "new" in the interest of unity. The SKYW rumor is more fun to believe, though.

Just note that because they are (eventually) changing the Expressjet guys' uniforms as well (to shiny gold), it actually would have been cheaper for the company to change the Expressjet uniform to the ASA uniform. So either the bean counters can't count, or more likely they just want us both to feel "new" in the interest of unity. The SKYW rumor is more fun to believe, though.

It's more shallow than you think. One of our "leaders" decided that he'd rather we all look more like Delta pilots.

And dude, money's not a factor here unless we're discussing pilot fatigue, work rules, and salaries. When it comes to blowing it on bullsh** like uniform stripes, yearly rebranding efforts, Aceypalooza, etc. we have all the money in the world.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back