• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/XJT New Name

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Suck it Joe. We're coming after PBS next!

I voted against PBS. I never wanted it. After using it for several months now, I couldn't go back to line bidding. You can treat it like "weekly" bidding as opposed to monthly bidding.. Bid on pairings for each week, filtering credits, overnights, days off/on, etc... Once you have a list of pairings to choose from, just tag them in order. I do this every week and really love the results.

I'm not trying to start something, but from someone who opposed it, I so glad we do it now.

Do you understand our line bidding system?

Enlighten us. I can turn a week of vacation into 22-23 days off. Many who can hold lines with partial weekends off would be on reserve with traditional line bidding.

Just remember that with any bidding process, your pairings will now be made by ASA's special-needs employees. If you're going to have dumb trips, may as well have more flexibility with them.

We can get 23 off with one week, but we are payprotected for the line. So you can get that many days off with 90hrs of pay...

We are not all opposed, but we want it to pay us then drop the touching trips.

PBS can be good if you want the hours. For those of us who don't, PBS sucks. I'm very senior on the 700 and I'm still being forced to fly as many hours as the guy one number above reserve. That's not right and it's why I will vote it down and continue to strongly voice my opinion to the Express Jet guys. The number one guy seniority wise still has to work the same amount of hours (days) as the guy right above reserve...can I make this any clearer?

ExpressJet is a good name. It always has been. Three months from now, nobody will be able to say "ASA sucks", at least in the present tense...

That is very true.

HOWEVER, if the manager in scheduling and the manager in crew planning (if they are different people) are not replaced NOW, everyone will be yelling "ExpressJet sucks worse than ASa ever did).

On a side note..... I like the "new" name.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back