• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/XJT New Name

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The FOM does not prohibit eating in public. It says that we cannot eat in the cockpit in view of the public. This policy is largely ignored and hardly anyone knows it exists. The rule has never been enforced and if it ever were, it would be easy to get it removed because we would all just shut the airplane down on a 30 minute turn, go to wendy's, eat there, and then return to the airplane, power up, board when ready, and every flight would leave late until the rule is changed.

That said, I do sympathize with Nevets' sentiment. We do have a few rules that don't need to be in the FOM.

This, this right here, is complete BS. First, and I am not sure if it is you, OUR NEW COMPANY, THE CURRENT ASA UNION, or some diluted idea some ASA pilots have come up with, but you did not buy ********************e. The company, ASA (sorry ExpressJet), is a pawn in the game. SkyWest INCORPORATED is the Bobby Fisher moving the pieces. So what does that make all the ASA pilots......less than a pawn. Not even on the board. Get it straight ....you did not buy anything. If you somehow think you did, then you are a crazy a$$ clown. Second, ASA has changed very little since the buyout, by SKYW Inc. The old ExpressJet has taken the Sked+ system, the PainMaker horse********************e pay system. There is 1, that is 1, holdover upper management guy...XJT's old director of flight training. XJT got the awesome ourasa website with so much company propaganda it is sickening. XJT transferred scheduling, to watch it meltdown, and soon its full dispatch to ATL. Tell your idea on how much your life has changed to the people in those departments and see how much sympathy you get. XJT is changing its policies and procedures to the ASA over managed philosophies. Last I checked, aviation needs to be flexible and able handle fluid change. Yet ASA seems more concerned about me eating in public. Way to see the forest for the trees ASA leadership. Nice single A leadership in the major leagues. What's next.....an ourasa message to enforce no coffee in the event it spills and creates a stain...thanks Dad.

XJT has changed its FOM and CFM in order to facilitate the merger too....literally taking steps backwards to be a bottom feeding regional (ASA stance) instead of an airline. We are changing our training in order to make it easier to transition the merger. Not because we are bad, but because it would be too much work to pull ASA up to XJT's current level. Fu%k...ASA does not even test in recurrent ground school and the CRM is an absolute joke. Its cool though, knowing system and understanding how to work as team comes second to cost and the company at a regional right? I could keep going, but do not kid yourself, XJT as a whole was above ASA when it was bought, save the executives and piss poor financial situation due to said executives. If you are so pissed about this, our fu$king name, just wait till the contract. The numbers are on XJT's side, so therefore, based on your assumption that you bought us, enjoy watching the tail wag the dog...

Keep those resumes polished senior guys.

Oh really??? You better know who your new boss is, and be careful assuming things will go the old Expressjet way. These guys will take you out of the game before you know it. For the record: ASA did buy Expressjet, this is old public knowledge already, you must not have gotten the memo. Your training is regional standard at best, this coming straight from the FAA, besides your training has nothing special over ASA. Newsflash: ASA is doing AQP which is the standard in top 121 training nowdays, welcome to the new world, PCs are things of the past! Oh, and you do test during recurrent. And what kind of special training do you need to fly a slow EMB145? You can now stop trying to be a primadonna, thank you.

Last edited:
I think its time for Jerry and ASA MEC to go Don Corleone/SWAPA/Gary Kelly on XJT MEC and their pilot group....give en an offer they can't refuse.....

I think its time for Jerry and ASA MEC to go Don Corleone/SWAPA/Gary Kelly on XJT MEC and their pilot group....give en an offer they can't refuse.....

Why is that? Because they are representing their pilot group and making sure that they don't go backwards in their contract? Time to stop acting like a bunch of 14 year old girls. You do realize who the real enemy we are fighting?

I am so sick of listening to the BS from both sides of the fence. I don't care who bought who, what name we are, hired/acquired, PBS etc. The sooner you realize you are simply a line item on a budget the better. All I can say is I won't agree to any contract that is worse than the one I currently work under. Call me radical for that if you must. Trust me they have the $$ to pay us, if they manage the new company correctly.

Wow guys. This is really not constructive. The "my $hiity regional is better than your $hiity regional" argument.

Please stop the "we bought you". Statements. On paper ONLY. We ALL know skywest bought Expressjet using the typical corporate shell game to avoid one list with skywest. Dividing these two groups will accomplish nothing. As someone above said, let's NOT forget who the real enemy is here.

If you dont know about Guadalupe Holdings, LLC then YOU don't know how this industry works.

Last edited:
And what kind of special training do you need to fly a slow EMB145? You can now stop trying to be a primadonna, thank you.

1) You know it doesn't matter what side of the company we are on, that we get paid by the hour, right? Never mind that BOTH C.B.A's have language that how fast you're going really doesn't matter if trying to go for pay credit, right?

2) Being a "primadonna", that's a good one dude, thanks for the laugh. Now go back to doing mach speed with your hair on fire in the CRJ. Bet that gets the ladies wet for you.

I wonder if Herb/Colleen, as well as YOU have ever heard of the Mccaskill bond?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back