Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dave Benjamin said:
John,

You lack any sort of a message my friend. There's nothing to like or dislike. You have no way of knowing whether Mesa might have had put an offer on the table for your airline. Common sense dictates that DAL would have offered up ASA to more than one bidder. When you're selling an asset do you just try to find one potential buyer or more than one?

When you open your post with stuff with emotional crap like this you lose credibility right from the start-

I'm not a particularly religious person so I don't take offense to what you wrote but it speaks volumes about you as a person. If you can't argue a point without a quasi-attack on a church you're just another anonymous FI poster spewing BS.

Well, Mr Dave Benjamin, I AM just an anonymous FI poster spewing BS. I guess I didn't realize that thie was not Fox News- "Fair and Balanced". This is just a gossip page we use for fun. Sorry I don't post with an informative message every time. Really and truly, I couldn't care less what you think of me or my "credibility". Feel free to put me on your ignore list. Good Day!

John Pennekamp said:
Feel free to put me on your ignore list. Good Day!

Consider it done.

All I was trying to do was help keep you from looking like an idiot. Guess I came up short but then again I didn't have much to work with.

Dave Benjamin said:
Consider it done.

All I was trying to do was help keep you from looking like an idiot. Guess I came up short but then again I didn't have much to work with.

Oh snap! I could say the same of you. Since you think I'm such an idiot, what does that make you for stooping to my level? Oh wait, I'm on your ignore list now. Nevermind.

Well I didn't think I could get any dumber, but after reading these post....all I have to say is "derrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....[droooool]....anyone see my baseball!"

deleted

Last edited:
Bluto said:
Congratulations, you've made mine, too. What a tool.

I think you and your "friend" Dave Benjamin are still having sour grapes that I rained on your little SAPA party by posting "Zoltar". But go ahead and ignore me. Less truth for you to spin. Let us know how that 90 seater for 50 seat rates works out.

Dave and CFIT-

Skywest bought us because it was a very good business decision. It was for much more important reasons than gates or routes in SLC. They got the opportunity to buy a profitable company for a very low price as well as solidify their relationship with Delta. One need look no further than Skywest's financial results post-buy to see the evidence of that. So please, stop waving the, "it could've been Mesa" flag at us to make us think we should accept anything. Besides, had Mesa bought us, we could have already merged fairly with the Mesa pilots since they are unionized. Skywest pilots like yourself, Dave, have already made it clear that we should be stapled to the bottom and be happy with that.

Lastly, ASA pilots are not any better off for having been aquired by either carrier. Both have pros and cons (Mesa might have a few more ex-cons than us though (j/k)).

Latest resources

Back