ASA v Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JoeMerchant said:
CFIT has far more credibility than you do John. He speaks rationally rather than emotionally. We are very lucky to have been bought by Skywest. I would rather have been purchased by Skywest than by Mesa or dragged into BK like CMR. The only stupid statements are coming from you....

Yes, it's a rational unemotional argument to call me "Pinkydick". And I find it funny that you and Dave Benjamin say I have no credibility because you don't like my message. Who broke the news on Zoltar? What kind of connections do you have, John? Besides Dan Ford...

CFIT said:
That was told to me from in various forms from the President and VP level, as far as being "lucky" that remains to be seen. It was told to me that keeping the SLC flying was not gauranteed if another carrier bought ASA. The fact that ASA was aquired by SkyWest Inc. pretty much means that anybody could have bought it and that includes Mesa. Delta themselves stated that they wanted to sell their regionals and there is still speculation that Mesa is trying to aquire Comair, as are others.

Take it for what it's worth John Pinkydink.

So you're saying top management leaked information on the sale of ASA to Skywest to you before it was announced? That's a pretty serious SEC violation. Did you buy Skywest stock right before the deal too?

I'd better go so I can call my lawyer and press charges, as a stockholder...

goodto50meters said:
While Penekamp gets worked up sometimes, you are the last jackhole to chastize someone for getting emotional. You have been on these boards spewing hateful bullsh!t that mirrors our management friends crew lounge crap for years.

Get over yourself Joe-john B-jackson and go cash your pilot busting unionfacts-dot-com royalty check for services rendered.

When he's a crabby old fart like me, he'll understand why. I'm tired of hearing kids like "Joe Merchant" who have had everything handed to them their whole lives turn around and whine about how much everything sucks. JB, I've watched you grow up from when you got hired. Every time I see you, it makes me sad that you've wasted your talents. You are truly the Don Quijote of the airline world.

JoeMerchant said:
CFIT has far more credibility than you do John. He speaks rationally rather than emotionally. We are very lucky to have been bought by Skywest. I would rather have been purchased by Skywest than by Mesa or dragged into BK like CMR. The only stupid statements are coming from you....

Joey,

Is CFIT one of you contacts at SkyWest? Some pilots said you were boasting that you had made contact with SkyWest pilots and SAPA reps. because the MEC has not even tried. Are you trying to be the poision pill and intefere with the organizing drive at SkyWest? Your out of control ego may get you into serious trouble if you misrepresent yourself as having any inside info from the MEC or ALPA National. I know you are consumed by hatred for ALPA and the MEC at ASA. Don't be a bigger fool than you already are.

Huh?

I would hope everyone realizes that one union and ultimately one list benefits the SkyWest and the ASA pilots. I am pleased with the proposal SkyWest pilots have presented to management and completely support their drive to obtain a pay differential on jets that produce 140% to 160% more revenue than the CRJ200.

Lets make piloting a profession which does not require a pilot work two jobs to support their family.

John Pennekamp said:
So you're saying top management leaked information on the sale of ASA to Skywest to you before it was announced? That's a pretty serious SEC violation. Did you buy Skywest stock right before the deal too?

I'd better go so I can call my lawyer and press charges, as a stockholder...

This information was told to me well after the fact, myself and probably most of the other employees were wondering if the aquisition was indeed going to follow what had started as rumors. After you call your lawyer, call your doctor and see if he can help you get a clue, or a life.

CFIT said:
After you call your lawyer, call your doctor and see if he can help you get a clue, or a life.

Yes, thanks, for the mature, insightful, and informative response. That'll be enough out of you about my attitude. Glass house?

John Pennekamp said:
Care to back up this statement that we're "lucky" that Atkin, Jesus Christ, and the Angel Moroni swooped down to save us from Mesa?

Y'all can stop sending me hate mail for the religious references. Atkin's an LDS big wig! He has an entourage. It's a joke! I said nothing bad about the Mormon religion, and have nothing but respect for my Mormon friends, even if I poke fun at them. Lighten up, yall!

John Pennekamp said:
Yes, it's a rational unemotional argument to call me "Pinkydick". And I find it funny that you and Dave Benjamin say I have no credibility because you don't like my message. Who broke the news on Zoltar? What kind of connections do you have, John? Besides Dan Ford...

John,

You lack any sort of a message my friend. There's nothing to like or dislike. You have no way of knowing whether Mesa might have had put an offer on the table for your airline. Common sense dictates that DAL would have offered up ASA to more than one bidder. When you're selling an asset do you just try to find one potential buyer or more than one?

When you open your post with stuff with emotional crap like this you lose credibility right from the start-

John Pennekamp said:
Care to back up this statement that we're "lucky" that Atkin, Jesus Christ, and the Angel Moroni swooped down to save us from Mesa?

I'm not a particularly religious person so I don't take offense to what you wrote but it speaks volumes about you as a person. If you can't argue a point without a quasi-attack on a church you're just another anonymous FI poster spewing BS.

Latest resources

Back