ASA v Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

79%N1

Why is it that Skywest, who's 50 seat costs are already apparently higher than ASA, gets an offer of pay increases and other contract goodies, which further raises their costs while still getting all the growth. Not to mention ASA has been fighting for 4 years to achieve what Skywest is seemingly just being given on a whim. And if Skywest opens an ATL base that is quite expensive, is it not. That would further increase their costs, but that doesnt seem to matter. I seem to remember hearing ASA was being booted from SLC because it was too expensive to have both companies sharing one base. So, lets turn around and do it in ATL. How much sense does that make??

The more I look at it, it seems like it doesn't matter what ASA's costs or Skywests costs are. ASA is going to take it in the shorts. So, I guess it wasn't such a 'great deal' that ASA was saved from momma Delta by being purchased by SW. I mean, think about it.....we can't even, after 4 years of fighting management, get what SW already has. Now, they will get more, while we continue to spin our wheels.

And one more thing. The coup de gras was that SW management would see to it that ASA's management got it together and fixed the crummy operation that is ATL! Well, that hasn't even come close to happening! In fact, it HAS GOTTEN MUCH WORSE since SW purchased ASA. So much for that.

So, maybe the plan is indeed all along to just get rid of ASA. If that wasnt the case, SW management would be more proactive about cleaning up ASA and settling the contract. But they are not now, are they?

I believe the proposal was from the pilots to managment.

I don't understand why SKW hasn't been more proactive in cleaning up the mess we call ATL either. I had high hopes when we were sold, but I am starting to think we will just die on the vine.

Wow, I just read Liarbrecque's letter on my ASA!!!!!

Holy crap, maybe the guy actually gets it. It's about the customer, and doing all you can to improve the shoddy (mis)management of this company.

Lets see, the proof is in the pudding!

This was discussed on the conference call this morning. Lots of questions were tossed into L's lap!

If your bought by another airline, your going to be their whore. TWA under American for example, what can a guy do?

79%N1 said:

Holy crap, maybe the guy actually gets it. It's about the customer, and doing all you can to improve the shoddy (mis)management of this company.

Lets see, the proof is in the pudding!

Whats the long & short of the letter for us non ASA folk???

Basically, a flat out apology to all employees for ASA management's complete failure to manage any component of the airline as well as a promise to change things fast.

79%N1 said:
!

BL doesn't get it! He was told to get it. Big difference. Someday SKWY will wake up and get rid of all these Delta management retreads (BL,CT,GG etc). They did a good job screwing up Delta, now they're doing the same to ASA. Started with that clown SB.

Don't be fooled by BL's appearance on the ramp. He's in the "save my job" mode. He still despises employees, especially those pilots.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

When SKYW bought ASA, they looked at a balance sheet, list of assests, route structure, costs, etc. etc. etc. They had NO IDEA of the depth of outright hatred and suspicion between labor and management, probably becasue things at SKYW are so much better....how bad could it be at ASA, right? Wrong.

To be honest, I think the difficulties faced by ASA labor/management are borderline insurmountable. This conflict is institutionalized, almost like Arabs and Isrealis. The only thing missing is live ordnance flying back and forth.

Labreque was always an arrogant a$$. He was on a Brasilia waiting to park forever (natrually). He spouted off at the FA, demanding an answer as to why they were waiting on the ramp (he was the VP of ramp ops. at the time!) She didn't have an answer for him, so he picked up his cel--dialed a #, then shouted into it for a few seconds. About a minute later rampers came running to his plane to park it! He never cared about employees or ASA (he was a Delta employee). So don't expect much from him until his job is at stake. However, with this letter, perhaps his job IS at stake.

Latest resources

Back