ASA v Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
79%N1 said:
Wow, I just read Liarbrecque's letter on my ASA!!!!!

Holy crap, maybe the guy actually gets it. It's about the customer, and doing all you can to improve the shoddy (mis)management of this company.

Lets see, the proof is in the pudding!

He's been spouting the same info since he was on the ramp. I'm sure nothing will change and we'll get another copy of this letter in 6 months to say he is "still trying!"

Palerider957 said:
When SKYW bought ASA, they looked at a balance sheet, list of assests, route structure, costs, etc. etc. etc. They had NO IDEA of the depth of outright hatred and suspicion between labor and management, probably becasue things at SKYW are so much better....how bad could it be at ASA, right? Wrong.

To be honest, I think the difficulties faced by ASA labor/management are borderline insurmountable. This conflict is institutionalized, almost like Arabs and Isrealis. The only thing missing is live ordnance flying back and forth.

One thing I think alot of people don't understand is that the purchase of ASA by SkyWest was under a certain level of duress. The other major contender for the purchase was Mesa. SkyWest did not want to get in the middle of these contract wars but has accepted it so there would be a confidence that the SLC flying would be retained. As much as you guys hate Jerry A and SkyWest just remember that right now you could be under Mesa's control and I'm fairly confident it would be much worse.

CFIT said:
One thing I think alot of people don't understand is that the purchase of ASA by SkyWest was under a certain level of duress. The other major contender for the purchase was Mesa. SkyWest did not want to get in the middle of these contract wars but has accepted it so there would be a confidence that the SLC flying would be retained. As much as you guys hate Jerry A and SkyWest just remember that right now you could be under Mesa's control and I'm fairly confident it would be much worse.

Care to back up this statement that we're "lucky" that Atkin, Jesus Christ, and the Angel Moroni swooped down to save us from Mesa? I don't recall seeing anything public stating who the contenders for the sale of ASA were. As a matter of fact even being sold was a rumor until it was announced.

You're losing any shred of credibility you ever thought you had with stupid statements like the above.

You SKW guys think this is about ASA pilots against SKW pilots. This is about us wanting better quality of life and a wage that a family can get ahead on!! This is just managements way of keeping the pilot group working against each other. When is every one going to wake up and realize that pilots need to stop cutting our own throats and raise the bar for everyone!!!!!!!!!

Pilots are NOT the enemy of pilots, management is the enemy of pilots. The sooner everyone realizes that the better off everyone will be.

John Pennekamp said:
Care to back up this statement that we're "lucky" that Atkin, Jesus Christ, and the Angel Moroni swooped down to save us from Mesa? I don't recall seeing anything public stating who the contenders for the sale of ASA were. As a matter of fact even being sold was a rumor until it was announced.

You're losing any shred of credibility you ever thought you had with stupid statements like the above.

That was told to me from in various forms from the President and VP level, as far as being "lucky" that remains to be seen. It was told to me that keeping the SLC flying was not gauranteed if another carrier bought ASA. The fact that ASA was aquired by SkyWest Inc. pretty much means that anybody could have bought it and that includes Mesa. Delta themselves stated that they wanted to sell their regionals and there is still speculation that Mesa is trying to aquire Comair, as are others.

Take it for what it's worth John Pinkydink.

John Pennekamp said:

CFIT has far more credibility than you do John. He speaks rationally rather than emotionally. We are very lucky to have been bought by Skywest. I would rather have been purchased by Skywest than by Mesa or dragged into BK like CMR. The only stupid statements are coming from you....

John Pennekamp said:

John,

Your credibility is pretty much gone. I'd avoid the religious references. Really doesn't have a place in the debate.
Anyone with a lick of common sense knows that DAL would have to solicit offers from more than one potential buyer. That's called due diligence. Mesa would have been a likely candidate since Ornstein (aka regional devil incarnate) has shown a desire to expand through acquisitions. Remember the play to acquire ACA? Acronym AERO mean anything?

atrdriver said:
Pilots are NOT the enemy of pilots, management is the enemy of pilots. The sooner everyone realizes that the better off everyone will be.
Yeah right, pilots understand this???? Pilots are some of the most infantile out there when comes to pointing fingers at the cause of their misery. I agree, it's not other pilots though.

Unfortunately, the only thing I can see solving that problem is one list and that will NEVER happen.

JoeMerchant said:
CFIT has far more credibility than you do John. He speaks rationally rather than emotionally. We are very lucky to have been bought by Skywest. I would rather have been purchased by Skywest than by Mesa or dragged into BK like CMR. The only stupid statements are coming from you....
While Penekamp gets worked up sometimes, you are the last jackhole to chastize someone for getting emotional. You have been on these boards spewing hateful bullsh!t that mirrors our management friends crew lounge crap for years.

Get over yourself Joe-john B-jackson and go cash your pilot busting unionfacts-dot-com royalty check for services rendered.

Latest resources

Back