• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA training dept. rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And the GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ has finally chimed in!!! Thank God!!!

Now, to address your assinine comment.......riiiight! I's not kwalifide to flie big aerplaines!!! I too dumm to be like gunural Lee!

So, a guy with that kind of me, me, me attitude ---- burn this place down is cool with Lee. Figures. Now, what makes you think I can't move on, Lee????

Nice thread. As the 50 seat economics becomes reality this will all turn buck nasty. The right idea is to get your time and get the **** out of the commuter game ASAP. It ain't a career finale. Well unless you PFT'd and failed to find a dance partner during two massive hiring cycle that is...

Someone enlighten me as to what was proposed/happened to spark all this? I get all the emails from mgmt. and union and I'm completely in the dark here.

I was there. There are 2 or 3 different issues.

1. The XJT side doesn't want the ASA PBS system. ASA does. That is causing a lot of the conflict.

2. The XJT side seems to really want to fight just for the sake of fighting. The XJT side doesn't want to acknowledge the fact that we do have to remain competitive. The ASA side isn't advocating paycuts, but is setting it's sites a little lower.

3. The instructor section list integration didn't go well between the two sides.

I am remaining optimistic, but at this point I don't really see the two sides coming together. The two MECs and the two pilot groups are very different.

1. The XJT side doesn't want the ASA PBS system. ASA does. That is causing a lot of the conflict.

2. The XJT side seems to really want to fight just for the sake of fighting. The XJT side doesn't want to acknowledge the fact that we do have to remain competitive. The ASA side isn't advocating paycuts, but is setting it's sites a little lower.

3. The instructor section list integration didn't go well between the two sides.

I am remaining optimistic, but at this point I don't really see the two sides coming together. The tw
o MECs and the two pilot groups are very different.

The problem with setting the your sights lower is that equates to a pay concession for the Xjet side. We have already gone down that road before.

All of this doesn't really matter after the schedule meltdown we experinced the last couple of days. A few more management failures like this and we will all be on the street looking for a new job. So far we have been really "impressed" with ASA's ability to manage our operation since moving everything to ATL.

Who cares, run them separate 'till the doors close. I'll be long gone and to the,
" lifers ", NO MERCY! I dislike Inc., asa, and the pathetic management at the helm. Newhires? RUN. Lifer?s you get what you deserve, (life as contract labor). As a mid-pack capt. I don't really care about the future of this place but weenies like joe have to. Hahaha take that cry babies.

Dont let the door hit you in the ass Sparky!!!

I am remaining optimistic, but at this point I don't really see the two sides coming together. The two MECs and the two pilot groups are very different.

1. At least XJT is open to considering PBS. The same cannot be said of ASA when it comes to line bidding. Who is being reasonable here?

2. The XJT MEC probably doesn't want any more concessions in our new joint contract. How is that fighting for the sake of fighting. We should set our sights high so that neither pilot group takes a concession. Let management decide what they'll accept. Trust me, they won't agree to anything that we didn't leverage them too. Makes no sense to make their argument for them at the negotiating table.

3. Hopefully they get rid of the separate FI seniority lists. I can see the XJT side fighting this one.

Last edited:
I and some other ASA pilots would LOVE to go back to line bidding. Especially your system. Problem is, the SENIOR and the JUNIOR love PBS. Those of us in the middle.....not so much.

Another problem.....YOU HAVE SEEN HOW GREAT OUR CS/CREW PLANNING DEPT WORKS. Once our FANTASTIC crew planners (you know..the ones F-ing up your lives right now) get a hold of the pairings, line bidding as you know it will be HORRIBLE!!! Maybe even worse than PBS.

I and some other ASA pilots would LOVE to go back to line bidding. Especially your system. Problem is, the SENIOR and the JUNIOR love PBS. Those of us in the middle.....not so much.

Another problem.....YOU HAVE SEEN HOW GREAT OUR CS/CREW PLANNING DEPT WORKS. Once our FANTASTIC crew planners (you know..the ones F-ing up your lives right now) get a hold of the pairings, line bidding as you know it will be HORRIBLE!!! Maybe even worse than PBS.

Well, at XJT, the scheduling committee in conjunction with XJT crew planning build the pairings. I've also been told by a member of the XJT MEC that the XJT scheduling committee has been able to build better, more efficient/productive ASA pairings in their attempts to persuade the ASA MEC that our line bidding would benefit all of us and the company compared to the current ASA PBS.

Latest resources

Back