• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

COOPERVANE

Member since 1967
I think this is going to be the gist for our "town hall" meetings

MGMT:

"We have entered a very challenging time for the regional industry. Delta has cut our compensation, fuel is reaching all time highs, we are flying airplanes that will be beer cans in a year or so, and federal rest regulations are going to tie our hands flexibility wise.

As you all know, we purchased EXJET with the hope of realizing synergies in the combination of the company. That WILL save us some money. However, we both have a senior pilot group and that makes us expensive.

To be able to compete effectively we are going to have to pull together in a concerted effort to align ourselves to certain realities. The regional world has changed and I need the employees of ASA to understand the old ways will not work anymore. Therefore we are here today to paint you a picture of our airline from here going forward.

We will need to trim our pilot pay 10-15% to remain competitive and position ourselves for any future growth. While this may be painful in the short term, it will better align us with the DCI average. It will allow us to remain within a reasonable cost structure while maintaining the high standard of Living out flight crews have enjoyed for the last thirty years. The future of a regional who is lean and competative is bright. Let's make sure we are that regional.
[/B][/I]"

ME:
"I think I speak for all here when I say pay, time off and QOL is relatively unimportant. What I need to know is

How does this affect the mini indy?"

Last edited:

MGMT:

"We have entered a very challenging time for the regional industry. Delta has cut our compensation, fuel is reaching all time highs, we are flying airplanes that will be beer cans in a year or so, and federal rest regulations are going to tie our hands flexibility wise.

As you all know, we purchased EXJET with the hope of realizing synergies in the combination of the company. That WILL save us some money. However, we both have a senior pilot group and that makes us expensive.

To be able to compete effectively we are going to have to pull together in a concerted effort to align ourselves to certain realities. The regional world has changed and I need the employees of ASA to understand the old ways will not work anymore. Therefore we are here today to paint you a picture of our airline from here going forward.

We will need to trim our pilot pay 10-15% to remain competitive and position ourselves for any future growth. While this may be painful in the short term, it will better align us with the DCI average. It will allow us to remain within a reasonable cost structure while maintaining the high standard of Living out flight crews have enjoyed for the last thirty years. The future of a regional who is lean and competative is bright. Let's make sure we are that regional.
[/B][/I]"

ME:
"I think I speak for all here when I say pay, time off and QOL is relatively unimportant. What I need to know is

In wouldn't be a damn bit surprised... Maybe they will bump our Performance Plus up by $28 per quarter to compensate. I am really afraid something is going to get "enhanced" again!

-These damn meetings are never good.

Last edited:

MGMT:

We will need to trim our pilot pay 10-15% to remain competitive and position ourselves for any future growth. While this may be painful in the short term, it will better align us with the DCI average. It will allow us to remain within a reasonable cost structure while maintaining the high standard of Living out flight crews have enjoyed for the last thirty years. The future of a regional who is lean and competative is bright. Let's make sure we are that regional. [/B][/I]"

ME:

Brilliant sir, brilliant. Let me find out who you are and beers for the trip are on me!!!

Pilot compensation is not negotiable. Let's keep this fact clearly in view. Get ready for ticket price increases. I smile when the price goes up.

How quickly will we all forget the bad when the company improves pairing construction for a single month and fires off an "uh oh spaghetti o's... we're so sorry" letter? Have we sent management the wrong message?

I have no doubt they will do their very best to lower expectations to the entire company, and most of the cheerleaders will buy it. Just go read the comments in regard to PP checks.

"GEEZ People, at least we got something"

Top managment is studying the "talking points" as I type.

Dey want to save money git rid of all the extra useless mgt types, combine scheduling to handle all three airlines, yes all three, and then give zee pelots a raise, yea that be the ticket,copy dat

NO PAY CUTS for this Pilot group

I have no doubt they will do their very best to lower expectations to the entire company, and most of the cheerleaders will buy it. Just go read the comments in regard to PP checks.

"GEEZ People, at least we got something"

Top managment is studying the "talking points" as I type.

Says one of ALPA's resident cheerleaders...Koolaid comes in two flavors, and you prefer the ALPA flavor. When ALPA figures out a way to stop multiple groups competing for flying and when ALPA figures out a way to transfer longevity across company lines, I will listen to the Koolaid you are peddling. Until then, it is simply more angry rhetoric from the other cheerleading section...

Last edited:
Says one of ALPA's resident cheerleaders...Koolaid comes in two flavors, and you prefer the ALPA flavor. When ALPA figures out a way to stop multiple groups competing for flying and when ALPA figures out a way to transfer longevity across company lines, I will listen to the Koolaid you are peddling. Until then, it is simply more angry rhetoric from the other cheerleading section...

Well said!

Latest resources

Back