• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to take 7 Comair aircraft a month

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He once told me that he had been asked to testify before Congress concerning the post 911 jumpseat restrictions. He wasn't able to go because he was in training. He had to appoint someone else.

Another story is that he and his dad own a string of cell phone stores all over the US. He is working on getting a deal for ASA pilots. He has been working on this for many years. Hopefully soon we will have free cell phones.

I heard this story also.............from you!

Loss of anonymity.

DG

Here's another....

RP aka "Rambo" told me some shrapnel from an old wound had eventually surfaced near the top layer of his skin. He subsequently carved it out of his arm with a knife and stitched it up himself.

But yes, the stories aside he is a good guy.

Leave the guy alone, he's OK. We don't all get the love and attention we deserve.

Since this has tuned into a RP thread; I saved my first dispatch release as Captain at ASA after IOE. And, my first F.O. was...(drum roll), RP!!

When asked by ATC to slow, no sooner had RP brought the thrust levers to idles he then ripped back on the flight spoilers. If an autopilot could scream I believe I witnessed it! Nice guy, but I had to remind him that not only were passengers in back but also a good chance that the FA was up and about with the cart!

This could surpass the Legacy Bashfest!!

Cheers- Rum

Since this has tuned into a RP thread; I saved my first dispatch release as Captain at ASA after IOE. And, my first F.O. was...(drum roll), RP!!

When asked by ATC to slow, no sooner had RP brought the thrust levers to idles he then ripped back on the flight spoilers. If an autopilot could scream I believe I witnessed it! Nice guy, but I had to remind him that not only were passengers in back but also a good chance that the FA was up and about with the cart!

This could surpass the Legacy Bashfest!!

Cheers- Rum

I saw similar flying qualities while flying with him. Every heading change required an immediate snap roll, spoilers were ON or OFF, and my favorite... Nearly full down elevator deflection on T.O. I asked him about it, he said that the training department told him to do it to maintain directional control. I said until I saw it in writing, I didn't want him doing that to my A/C. The tiny nose wheels are under enough stress already, and in over 4,000 hours in the plane, I never had a controllability issue or have the nose prematurely rotate.

As others have said, he is pretty harmless. I always felt sorry for the guy. I pictured him having a similar childhood to Jim Carey's character in "The Cable Guy." He was probably raised by the TV, liked to make up stories and imaginary friends. Unfortunately, he never grew out of this. The thing that I have always wondered, does he believe the ridiculous stories himself? Also, who told him that getting a "Dennis The Menace" makeover was a good idea?

On day two of Indoc, whilst standing in the lobby of the roof, a few chipper new pilots and I were discussing the recent news of the strike vote. RP, from across the room, stood up, walked toward us, and informed us that ASA pilots were prepared to sink the company, and he would know because he was a union officer, and a former Texas Ranger.

Hellanta

Dennis the menace, you mean Tommy Boy make over. Oh Richard. House keeping you want me jerk you off. My fav is the time he told me I was the safest pilot in the sky flying with him because his FBI wife had all his flights tracked and if anything went wrong she would protect us. Oh the stories.

Latest resources

Back