• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to recall furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just looked it up something about recall within 90 days to a domicile different from that furloughed. Not for them, but others could get it. I had the exact same time frame when going to SLC, paid for the move myself and heard conflicting definitions of "6 months." I turned in a stack of receipts and got a nice fat paycheck next time. It is worth the effort if you end up in that situation.

With about 40 people total going to Vietnam and 42 being recalled, there's your number. Six of the -200s still don't have a job by the end of this month, and 4 -700s are coming. Sounds like a wash to me.

For the last time... ASa CANT BUY ANYONE... SkyWest, INC. can....

Any number of technical games can be played with money:

ASA could buy the frames with cash from outside investors, Skywest could buy and lease them to ASA, Skywest Inc may choose loan money to ASA or ASA could work with a third party firm to acquire frames.

With about 40 people total going to Vietnam and 42 being recalled, there's your number. Six of the -200s still don't have a job by the end of this month, and 4 -700s are coming. Sounds like a wash to me.

They are recalling for a good reason. PBS would really make this awash and not require recalls. More planes on the way.

Originally Posted by homerjdispatch
For the last time... ASa CANT BUY ANYONE... SkyWest, INC. can....

Actually, ASA can. It wouldn't be much different than ASA buying pizza, airplane parts, etc.

Now, I think we will all agree Papa Jerry will be telling ASA what they can and can't purchase!

Until very recently, I wondered why Brad H. was still at ASA. Realistically, his resume' was about as good as it would get if he thought that ASA would be stagnant.

He came to Atlanta, generally took a firehose to the GO (with a few exceptions), played ball with the various labor groups, and voila', good things happened from a performance standpoint. If there was nothing strategically planned for ASA in the near future, there would be very little to keep the Bradster at ASA; his future prospects would not be served by sitting at the helm of a mature regional in the RFP warzone.

I would opine that the fact that BH is still here, and still very much doing the will of Inc., bodes very well for plans for the future of ASA.

ASA might not be the tallest midget in the room, but we are certainly close.

I know I'm included in the 56 that will be riceiving a recall notice. The company email stated that we would be getting information via FedEx Saturday (yesterday). My information is correct on ourasa and I was contacted by ALPA, no information packet has been delivered. Did anyone get theirs yet?

I know I'm included in the 56 that will be riceiving a recall notice. The company email stated that we would be getting information via FedEx Saturday (yesterday). My information is correct on ourasa and I was contacted by ALPA, no information packet has been delivered. Did anyone get theirs yet?
Not yet, I imagine it will arrive on tues or wed.

Latest resources

Back