• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to recall furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is the min number. If they want to put more into any seat they can, but they have to place at least 12.

I get that, but they recalled 42, and say they have 12 places to put them. I would think they would show 42 slots - or vacancies - to show where they need to go. Not to mention with 4 700's, at even 3.5 per plane, there should be 14 vacancies just to cover the new 70's, and if they know that a couple are leaving for Vietnam, even more. I guess I have no clue how they figure the vacancies.

Welcome back to the 42. Hope to see the last 100 soon.

I wonder how junior IAD FO will go. I'm thinking with 42 coming back it's quite possible a furloughee could go straight from the street to lineholder in IAD.

They are trying to manage the IAD thing. I believe that they have to pay moving expenses if you are recalled to a base different from which you were furloughed.

They are trying to manage the IAD thing. I believe that they have to pay moving expenses if you are recalled to a base different from which you were furloughed.

It would be dead wrong if pilots displaced to IAD were forced to stay there why lower seniority pilots were given a comfy ATL slot.

I got less than 400 bucks moving expenses after taxes. It is a very small cost to pay moving expenses for 24 or so furloughs to head up here.

Now some of those mouthy idiots on the ASA ALPA board with their pessimistic worthless drool can STFU now!
Who am I kidding,that won't happen.

They will find some reason to whine about this...It won't be enough or fast enough....

Trip 7, you took the money in lieu of moving. If theses guys know they are going to be on reserve and decide that they would rather pack their happy buts up and bring in the trucks it is a little more than $700. I'm not saying it is right or wrong, I'm just speculating as to why.

Trip 7, you took the money in lieu of moving. If theses guys know they are going to be on reserve and decide that they would rather pack their happy buts up and bring in the trucks it is a little more than $700. I'm not saying it is right or wrong, I'm just speculating as to why.

I doubt they'll be able to hold people up here anyway since there are vacancies on both the 700 and 200

No paid move after 6 months of a new domicile unless you're displaced. I think the awards are effective 9/1 so no moving money

Latest resources

Back